New LaView System - would love some experienced eyeballs on my "install plan"

markthr

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

I was hoping to get some insight from people who have done this before as I have not. Here's what I have and what I am planning:

House - ranch with partially finished basement. Wood soffits, just under 1/2 acre lot. I have eight IP POE cameras that will run to a LaView NVR that will be in a server rack in my basement. I plan on mounting six of the cameras under the eaves which would run through the attic to the basement via a 2" PVC which I installed last week. I am counting on this being pretty easy but things always come up. Since I have wooden soffits, I am planning on using the mounting template that comes with it and then drilling a hole big enough to fit the cable through into the attic and then taking my cable snake from the outside into the attic and connecting to the cable and pulling it outside, then connecting it and pushing everything back into the hole. Seems like that should work to me. I plan on taking the 100' cat5e that came with the system into the attic, connecting seven of them together and pulling them down through the PVC into my basement and then connecting those to each camera. The eighth will be run under my deck keeping an eye on my walkout basement and my kids play area.

The main question I have is accessing the cameras on multiple TV's. LaView says that I should run an HDMI splitter but then I would like to have a mouse option since the remote isn't RF. I supposed I could decide which is easier to run, USB over ethernet or just an IR repeater to each TV. Neither TV is more than 50 feet from my rack so I think either would work but LaView says they aren't aware of an HDMI over ethernet solution that they would recommend. Anyone want to weigh in on that?

After that gets figured out, I'll have to figure out the remote access and I'm not a network admin so I am sure I will have questions but I don't know what those are as of yet. The system came with six LaView branded cameras and I purchased two additional Hikvision's to go with the system as my understanding is that the LaView ones are just re-branded Hikvisions. My concern is that it appears I bought "multi-language" versions with very little english. One is a DS-2CD2032F-IW 4mm and the other is a DS-2CD2132F-IS 2.8mm (dome for inside my garage). I'm *hoping* these don't need much tweaking as I read somewhere where they will be plug and play with my system but I have seen some instructions on troubleshooting if they aren't. More on that once I've had the chance to plug them in.

I would love some feedback on the local viewing on multiple TV's as both TV's are pretty easy to run new cat5 or HDMI to. Just want to do it the right way up front if possible.

Thanks again for any feedback!