New member - 9 Camera setup following a break in and stolen car

jonhudd

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

After being broken into and having a car stolen, I felt that the only way to feel safe again was to get a decent CCTV setup installed.

I have 9 x IP cameras DH-IPC-HDW4631EM-ASE and a DHI-NVR4416-16P-4KS2.

The setup has been in for about 3 months now. I have spent plenty of time playing with movement alerts but I have been unable to fine tune these enough to reduce false alerts, whilst still being sensitive enough to pickup a person walking past. The main reason for this is that we have a lot of trees that blow in the wind, which sets off the PIR lights and in turn trigger an alert.

I have now moved onto IVR rules and these are working much better. The only problem that I am having with these is that I cannot get them to push notify to the iDMSS Plus app as I can only find a setting for movement alerts.

P.S - I will try my best not to ask silly questions, I always try to search before posting :)

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

jonhudd

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Tony,

Thank you so much! I have spend HOURS on this; watching videos and searching. I had the app up and running fine but there was not an option in the right place to the alerts.

For anyone having the same trouble, the issue I had was that I was loading via the S/N instead of the IP/Domain

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Hello, welcome to the forum. Looks like you are already sharing with others, thanks.

jonhudd

n3wb
Reaction score
Sadly I am not having the success that I thought I was.

I added the NVR by IP/Domain as per the video. This meant I was able to view all camera and receive alerts for IVS. However, when I am not on the WIFI, I am unable to connect. I still receive the alerts but am not able to view them.

If I add the NVR by SN/Scan, I am able to view whilst on/off WIFI but where you are able to select Alarm Subscription, instead of there being lots of options e.g. AI Analysis (Tripewire / Intrusion), there is only an option for Motion Detection (which I do not use).

I assume I am not asking for too much from the App? I cant imagine I am the only person that wants to be able to have IVS alerts to their phone and view the footage on the phone whilst not on the WIFI network?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited:

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Might try enabling the Motion Detection option in the Alarm Subscription area and seeing if that'll forward the IVS alerts. I swear I had what you're trying to do working, but that was several years ago (and I've since switched to Blue Iris) so I don't remember the specifics.

jonhudd

n3wb
Reaction score
Sadly that didn't work. But I am glad that I am not the only one. It seems like a pretty basic requirement to me.

I enabled motion detection but it only alerts for motion not for Tripwire or Intrusion.

Is it worth investing in Blue Iris? I see the app is only £9.99. If that is likely to solve the problem then its an easy decision.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
For the BI app to work you'll need a, preferably, dedicated PC running Blue Iris so add in the cost of a used Dell and a Blue Iris license to the 9.99. Personally, give the flexibility and capabilities of Blue Iris, it's more than worth the investment.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all,

After being broken into and having a car stolen, I felt that the only way to feel safe again was to get a decent CCTV setup installed.

I have 9 x IP cameras DH-IPC-HDW4631EM-ASE and a DHI-NVR4416-16P-4KS2.
Welcome @jonhudd

I'm adding the additional info here for folks following this thread:

DH-IPC-HDW4631EM-ASE
· 1/2.9” 6Megapixel progressive scan STARVISTM CMOS
· H.265&H.264 triple-stream encoding
· 20fps@6MP(3072x2048), 25/30fps@4MP(2688x1520)
· Smart detection supported
· WDR(120dB), Day/Night(ICR), 3DNR,AWB,AGC,BLC
· Multiple network monitoring: Web viewer, CMS(DSS/PSS) &
DMSS
· 2.8mm fixed lens (3.6mm optional)
· Built-in Mic
· Max. IR LEDs Length 50m
· Micro SD memory, IP67, PoE

Functions include: Intelligent Video analysis (IVS)

ref:

DHI-NVR4416-16P-4KS2
16/32 Channel 1.5U 16PoE 4K&H.265 Lite Network Video Recorder
Smart H.265+/H.265/Smart H.264+/H.264
· Max 200Mbps Incoming Bandwidth
· Up to 8MP Resolution for Preview and Playback
· Up to 2ch@4K/8ch@1080P decoding
· HDMI/VGA simultaneous video output
· Support IPC UPnP, 16PoE ports

Functions include: Intelligent Video System

ref: