New member, have a couple questions on a Dahau SD59230S-HN, 24VAC or POE+? Diff between HN and HNI

djborden

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a Dahau SD59230S-HN that Im just getting to install.

First want to say that this forum has been invaluable for researching cameras that will be installed in my business. I currently have some lower cost Hikvision and Reolink cameras and find their night performance poor. Ive found nayr's posts and reviews to be invaluable and probably the biggest reason I have decided to move to Dahau for my business's video surveillance cameras.

Ok, back to the Dahau SD59230S-HN. I have spent several hours trying to find the answers to my questions, but its been challenging locating documentation that gives me what I need. Hoping someone on this forum can help guide a person new to Dahau cameras.

I believe the 24V power supply may be bad as I am not seeing 24V AC from my multi meter and when connected to the camera, it does not appear to power up.

A few questions

1. Will this camera work with a POE+ injector and if so, will something like this work? TRENDnet TPE-TG50g Amazon.com: TRENDnet Gigabit Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+) Injector,Converts non-PoE Gigabit to PoE+ or PoE Gigabit, Network Distances up to 100 M (328 Ft.), TPE-115GI: Computers & Accessories If not, does anyone have a recommendation for a reasonably priced power injector(assuming it supports this)?

2. What software do I need to configure the camera?

3. Where do I find the firmware for the camera?

4. What is the difference between the HN and HNI versions of this camera, and what does my model have Auto Tracking?

Thanks in advance for any help the members of this great forum provide. I just ordered a couple Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z) from @EMPIRETECANDY last night to start building up a new system running with Blue Iris!

David

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This appears to be a China region camera. Cheaper build and less features. Hacked to english firmware.
Typically if you can't find the exact model number here: Search Category - Dahua Technology
It's a China region cam.
I don't find it on the USA site either.

1-Yes

2-Log into it's web interface at 192.168.1.108 admin/admin

3-Probably can't, since it's a possible China region version, and if you can you run the risk of bricking it.

4-The HN version is missing the Intelligent features.

If you still can, I'd send that cam back for a refund, and order the comparable International version from Andy. SD6C230U-HNI | Dahua Technology - Dahua Technology

djborden

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks Looney2ns, really appreciate the help! Unfortunately, I wont be able to return it so hopefully I can make this work as is.

One more question... Is this camera suitable to be used outside? I thought I saw it was rated at IP66, but in a manual that I found it seemed to state it has to be out of the weather completely which seems odd for such an expensive camera with a long zoom

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks Looney2ns, really appreciate the help! Unfortunately, I wont be able to return it so hopefully I can make this work as is.

One more question... Is this camera suitable to be used outside? I thought I saw it was rated at IP66, but in a manual that I found it seemed to state it has to be out of the weather completely which seems odd for such an expensive camera with a long zoom
I would assume so, does it look like the cam I posted the link to?

djborden

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you!

Wanted to give an update... took the 24V AC power supply apart and it had a blown fuse. Once I bypassed it to do a test, the camera powered up as expected. So happy the camera appears to be fine!