New member here

johns019

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all,
I found this forum while researching home security camera systems. Been researching for a couple of weeks now and find critics of every system I’ve looked at.
I’ve read here that wifi cameras systems are not recommended.
But I have a monitored alarm system and don’t feel comfortable running cable through out my house.
Looking for a system mainly to see if my neighbors are on my property while I’m away for the winter
I think I am capable of wiring cameras to my floodlights which are on all 4 sides of my house.
Looking for recommendations on a wireless 4 camera system??
Thanks and I’ll continue reading about wired sydtems here too!

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello all,
I found this forum while researching home security camera systems. Been researching for a couple of weeks now and find critics of every system I’ve looked at.
I’ve read here that wifi cameras systems are not recommended.
But I have a monitored alarm system and don’t feel comfortable running cable through out my house.
Looking for a system mainly to see if my neighbors are on my property while I’m away for the winter
I think I am capable of wiring cameras to my floodlights which are on all 4 sides of my house.
Looking for recommendations on a wireless 4 camera system??
Thanks and I’ll continue reading about wired sydtems here too!
Welcome Johns019,

Remember you can hire someone to wire your house for you.

It's easy to get swamped with information here, so I wanted to share some notes with you

Please check out @giomania 's notes:
Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

I have also made notes which are a summary of a lot of the reading I've been doing here,:
Looking for some advice and direction!

Have fun joining us here.