New Member Intro

camuny

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Just joined as I am looking to install some security cameras on my Survellience Station TS-251+ NAS. From reading posts and Wiki lots of great info here. I live in a mid-sized city with in the city limits next to a city park and I get a lot of illegal activity that I want to monitor and record. After reading the Wiki and some of the camera reviews, I definitely am looking for a low light camera. Willing to spend on very good camera. It seems the turret is the recommended camera, but am looking to upgrade to better if available. Looking for an Poe solution also. Not sure if I should post further requires here or elsewhere. Regardless, look forward to contributing once I can provide feedback on the system as I get set up. Thanks.

camuny

n3wb
Reaction score
HI, I am finally back again as after my first post on went on vacation and then work getting in the way. I read the cliff notes and it seems the Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z) is the type of camera I am looking for. If I was willing to spend more money (say double or more), for better quality images and audio in and out, what would anyone recommend. Thanks and thanks to members who responded to my intro.

This is one I am looking at that gives a longer IR range and has audio in and out.

Dahua IP Camera SD6C230U-HNI; just realized this does not appear to be a PoE camera

Last edited: