New Member Introduction

Janis_8

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
I just joined this site because I want to know more about latest technologies in CCTV.
I have general knowledge about IT but very little/none knowledge about video recording.
I have been asked to look at potential replacement for our company current Warehouse CCTV - at the moment there is old swanndv system with low resolution cameras. Quality is poor, system is slow, often crashing.
We have 5 external cameras and I believe 12 internal. Video is recording for 7 days and then overwrites with new footage.
Basically everything needs replacing - ideally we want to at least same amount of cameras plus couple more with decent quality, maybe with capability to zoom in, look back for up to a Month old footage, mobile application availability.
So far I have been told to look at 2 solutions - milestonesys and blue iris. I already booked Milestone Systems demo but that's it so far.
We have decent internet connection coming to building 100/100 Mbps over fibre leased line and Unifi Wireless solution.
Any help, advice or pointing to right direction would be appreciated!

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello,
I just joined this site because I want to know more about latest technologies in CCTV.
I have general knowledge about IT but very little/none knowledge about video recording.
I have been asked to look at potential replacement for our company current Warehouse CCTV - at the moment there is old swanndv system with low resolution cameras. Quality is poor, system is slow, often crashing.
We have 5 external cameras and I believe 12 internal. Video is recording for 7 days and then overwrites with new footage.
Basically everything needs replacing - ideally we want to at least same amount of cameras plus couple more with decent quality, maybe with capability to zoom in, look back for up to a Month old footage, mobile application availability.
So far I have been told to look at 2 solutions - milestonesys and blue iris. I already booked Milestone Systems demo but that's it so far.
We have decent internet connection coming to building 100/100 Mbps over fibre leased line and Unifi Wireless solution.
Any help, advice or pointing to right direction would be appreciated!
Welcome Janis,

Remember to determine what the functional goals are as that will help you determine what cameras work better.
( example daytime / full light vs low light )