Berberis75

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello just joined this topic on ip cameras. Got four 5mp cameras from Longse and been running for about 10 months on my 6tb hard drive. I’ve been trying to tinker with frame rate, exposure and 2Dnr 3dnr few other setting and can’t seem to get it right. Not sure where to start. I have motion blur even when the cameras take snap shot as the light changes. I hope someone can give me some direction on set up. Also, I have Freeip pro which is an app to view the cameras and can’t change into any other app because it say Http error so I have to stick to the longse app. Sorry for the message, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello just joined this topic on ip cameras. Got four 5mp cameras from Longse and been running for about 10 months on my 6tb hard drive. I’ve been trying to tinker with frame rate, exposure and 2Dnr 3dnr few other setting and can’t seem to get it right. Not sure where to start. I have motion blur even when the cameras take snap shot as the light changes. I hope someone can give me some direction on set up. Also, I have Freeip pro which is an app to view the cameras and can’t change into any other app because it say Http error so I have to stick to the longse app. Sorry for the message, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Welcome Berberis75,

I'm new to tuning the cameras, so I can not yet help much on that, definitely do look around here as I have seen quite a bit of info on improving images here in various threads.

Berberis75

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. I've had my cameras for about year and I'm still tinkering with the settings. If there is anything I can help with set up your system just let me know. Thanks you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
I have a couple of Longse, can't say I'm really happy with them but motion blur is not a problem I have. Mine are 2mp so my settings may not help you much and I don't know how similar the firmware is but here is what I've got:
framerate 15
bit rate 11264
rate control vbr
I-frame interval 1 (I think that is in seconds)
exposure on auto (shows 1/30)
stream type is single
my codec is H264
profile is main profile
my 3D DNR is set at 43

I'm not sure if any of this will be helpful on a 5mp cam but there it is for what it's worth. I'm using Blue Iris by the way.

Berberis75

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello. I’ve been using a camera app such as Freeip on these Longse cameras. I’ve had a few issues login in to them as the app isn’t very good. Is there a way you could change to a different app on NVR and ipcam. The NVR and Ipcam have the scan code only for the Feeip cam app.

I’ve tried to use Superlivepro but says device unknown. Any help would be great, thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk