New 'Motion' camera with no signal since 4.3.6.x

Vini

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Since updating to 4.3.6.0 (and subsequently 4.3.6.1) I’ve been given an additional camera, called Motion, which triggers the ‘no signal’ alarm (because this camera doesn’t exist).

I’ve no idea where this has come from? I deleted it in 4.3.6.0, but it returned when my machine updated to 4.3.6.1…

Any ideas?

BI x64 version
Win 10
Running as a service

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Dont know where the camera came from - you should email support. Side note, you have allocated too much space for your storage that is why its showing in red and a negative number.
Also your cpu consumption is way to high. You may also what to give each camera a distinct color so that the timeline shows distinct color bars for each cam.

Vini

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've already emailed support...

My storage is negative as I have two thin provisioned VM's on that drive, which is causing BI to report inaccurately. It's no biggy.

CPU is normally around 65%, I had 3 camera's triggered at the time of taking this screenshot and I was signed in via TeamViewer which adds quite an overhead.

Vini

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you ever get an answer to this mine does this also
Support said;

Right click the camera and select Delete camera.

All entries in the registry under HKLM\Software\Perspective software\Blue Iris\Cameras are considered camera entries... could something else be creating registry entries there?

and then

I think I did find a place where this could occur and will fix it.

So no cure as such.....

Vini

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There is no camera to 'add back in'. This is a rogue camera that appears, it contains no valid information.

Vini

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This returned in 4.3.7.0 & 4.3.7.1 ... I guess I could just prevent write access to the HKLM\Software\Perspective software\Blue Iris\Cameras reg key, but thats cheating.