New Ring Dash Cam

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just notice that Ring will come out with new dash cam

What you think? Me personally not a fan of Ring products… had a door bell and moved on when they sold to Amazon and now law enforcement probably watching you every step, so I stopped using ring stuff…

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing that but....
Could that intro YT video be any LESS 'old fart friendly' ? :confused:

By that I mean most of the latest videos, TV shows, etc. are like watching a ping pong match between hummingbirds.....they show one frame for like barely 1 second then whip to another OR have the camera shaking and moving from scene to scene with no pauses. Gives me vertigo and makes me dizzy just watching.....I have to fasten my seatbelt on my barstool.

Maybe it's because I AM an old fart (74 next month). It's a waste of time because I gain no useful info at all and actually develop disdain for the product because of the presentation. Which in this case I guess is OK because I have no intention of buying a Ring product and have already disconnected all Alexa devices in my household.

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
It's probably not a bad choice if you are looking for front and interior coverage. Personally I would rather have rear exterior coverage more than interior coverage (and have installed those systems on several of my cars) - although a three channel recorder that captures all three would be the best scenario.

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
For those that want it, the bigger question is when will it actually be available LOL.

Ring announced well over two years ago the mini camera drone that would fly around inside the house when the Ring alarm was activated and it never came to market.

Ring announced well over two years ago a sensor to add in your car that would send off the house alarm if the car was broken into and it never came to market.

Ring never announced introducing a glass breaking sensor and then just one day it appeared for sale LOL.

So time will tell if this actually becomes for sale.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So some people have been able to get their hands on this device.

Ring snuck in a 2GB of LTE data included per month limit, we all know how fast that will go...

MrSurly

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I don't care for the big tech overreach that is available in this or may be soon. Does it have a GPS? Does it not just get power from but also LOG DATA from the OBDII? How much will insurance companies pay for that access?
Yeah, I don't trust these guys, at all. I also don't have an Echo OR a Ring