New router, can’t connect

Reaction score
So I’m in a pickle. I had a 8 camera set up with my reolink cameras set up and working perfectly for 2 years now. My Netgear router that had all my ip reservations for that camera died on me so I had to get a new router. I now have the new Google WiFi mesh system set up. However now I can’t get blue iris to see any of my cameras.

My set up; Modem into the first google WiFi unit - 24 port network switch- connected to that is another 12 port POE switch that has all my cameras on it.

I reset all my cameras and have given them static IP in the google app, the reolink client can see all the cameras however when I go into BI it will just say no signal. There was at times where BI would load a snapshot of a camera but a few seconds later would go back to No signal. I am able to log in remotely with my phone off network so I don’t think it’s a port issue, especially since it try’s to load? I’m really stumped guys, I’ve literally been working on this for 14 hours straight and I’m pretty sure I have s bald spot from me pulling my hair out. Thanks for any help y’all can offer! I gave them different port numbers in the camera Ip config in BI and then went into the google WiFi app and forwarded that port (for example put xxx.xxx.65:82 and then for that forwarded port 82 in the google WiFi app for that camera, I think that’s how you do it but I could be totally messing up).

Terk

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Is your BI server on the same subnet (ip range as in 192.168.2.zzz) as the cameras? If so Turn off UPNP on the router and on the cameras and remove any port forwarders you have setup. Port forwarding is only needed to access the cameras through firewalls (and is insecure) but if the cameras are all on the same subnet as your BI server you would only need one port forwarded to access the BI server from outside or better yet use a VPN tunnel to your router from your mobile device when not on your WiFi. Set all the cameras to default port configs then try an HTTP:// connection from the BI server to a camera with standard port and the ID and password you have setup on the camera also set it for Generic RTSP with the standard port settings to see if it will connect. I'm guessing ReoLink cameras can stream via RTSP but I don't have experience with that brand.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1 to @Terk 's post. Also....

ReoLink's RTSP does NOT play nice with BI. How were the cam URLs set up before on BI?

Reaction score
Thanks so much for the help guys! So Terk was right! The cameras were on a 192.168.X.X IP on my old netgear router, For some reason the Google Wifi defaults its address pool to 192.168.68.X so once I changed the address Pool back to the .1 all the cameras popped right back up. Thanks again for the help, I can now finally rest easy lol