New some help after migration

jcompguru

n3wb
Reaction score
Hopefully some can assist. I'll put as much information in setup as possible. I just bought a new computer. Dell i7 32gb memory. I was trying move BI over to the new computer. Installed BI x64. Exported the .reg file from my old server and deauthorized. Start new BI server and registered and imported the .reg file. restart the BI service. When I login to BI this is what my camer's look like (see attached image). Any Idea what the issue could be? I've restarted camera's, removed and re-added camera.

Attachments

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hopefully some can assist. I'll put as much information in setup as possible. I just bought a new computer. Dell i7 32gb memory. I was trying move BI over to the new computer. Installed BI x64. Exported the .reg file from my old server and deauthorized. Start new BI server and registered and imported the .reg file. restart the BI service. When I login to BI this is what my camer's look like (see attached image). Any Idea what the issue could be? I've restarted camera's, removed and re-added camera.
By the watermark in the only visible cam I'd say it's still the 'Evaluation' version which will only display 1 cam; the product key / re-registration did not 'take'.

Do you have your license key available?

Any ideas, @fenderman ?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The demo will display all the cams, its not limited to one....
Something else is going on..I would try manually readding the cameras...what are the exact specs of the new system?

jcompguru

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks TonyR. I registered the new server, it did take. I just unauthorized it becuase it wasn't working and I'm back on my old system which works fine.
Fenderman: Dell Optiplex i5 16gb memory. SSD hardrive. Windows 10 Professional, all updates. Bio's, and all hardware drivers are up to date.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks TonyR. I registered the new server, it did take. I just unauthorized it becuase it wasn't working and I'm back on my old system which works fine.
Fenderman: Dell Optiplex i5 16gb memory. SSD hardrive. Windows 10 Professional, all updates. Bio's, and all hardware drivers are up to date.
You said in the op that the new computer was an I7, 32gb???
I7 by it's self doesn't tell anyone anything, which exact I7, exact specs of entire system needed.
If Win10, Did you do a fresh clean install using the MS Media Creation tool? if not, do so.

jcompguru

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks Looney2ns. That was my next troubleshooting step, but I thought I would throw something out here to see if anyone else had experienced a similar issue.

jcompguru

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok got it running with a complete re-install of the OS. It was a newish computer bought as a refurb. The OS was reset, just not reinstall. All good now.
Thanks everyone.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
My guess is the corruption is either a sign of network issues (wifi is the usual culprit) or misbehaving hardware acceleration. Try turning off hardware acceleration to see if that solves it.

Edit: Oh, you solved by OS reinstall. Could have been a bad graphics driver in the old installation.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok got it running with a complete re-install of the OS. It was a newish computer bought as a refurb. The OS was reset, just not reinstall. All good now.
Thanks everyone.
Always do a clean install...takes 15 minutes

jcompguru

n3wb
Reaction score
Just a quick update. I can recreate the issue. It ended up being an intel video driver issue. Everything was up and running fine, and then I updated to the latest intel driver and the same condition happened.