NEW Swann cam with True Detect - Not detected on network - SWNHD-885MSB - No longer HIKVISION firmware

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Last week I ordered one of the new Swann brand IP cameras from Costco, and it arrived yesterday, I unpacked it, hooked it up to my POE switch, and nothing. I could not get it working.
I then did some searching here, and see many others have had the same problem. Seems Swann is now NOT using HIKVISION firmware and that's where the problem lies.

I've packaged up the camera, and am ready to take it back to Costco. Sad stuff that a company like SWANN has basically closed down access to nothing but their specific boxes that come in the packages ( NVR and cameras )

I saw a few workarounds, but it seems like a lot of work, and once you modify the firmware, the camera no longer works as it should. I have an older Swann 4K camera, (without audio ) and it does 20 frames a second. Seems like
their new cameras now ( 4K with audio ) only throughput a max of 15 fps.

Before I return it, I thought I would give this thread few days to see if there is anything easier than hooking the camera directly to a computer, changing all sorts of settings ( IP address ) etc to access the camera, then changing all settings
on your router back to normal so your system was like it was before. A huge amount of work to get a camera working. I have a total of 5 Swann cameras at this point ( none with audio ) that are connected and working without any problems.

This new series Swann has brought out with audio and this "True Detect" technology is the problem. Another user here gave a list of all the problem Swann cameras. Sad stuff, I really liked Swann products.

thanks for listening ! :)