New System Migration - How to Import Old Clips

nick.s

n3wb
Reaction score
Our organization was testing BI on a Dell we had laying around. After a successful 2 week testing period we moved to full scale with a custom built Dell OptiPlex with enough horsepower for 36 cameras (currently only 7 are installed). After exporting settings, deactivating the old computer, importing settings and reactivating the new computer I'm at a loss on how to migrate over the old recordings. I have named my folders the same on the new system, but the drive letter is different and I can't make it the same. The folders are mapped correctly but I cannot get the old clips to appear in BI interface. Other than this hang up, everything appears to be running smooth.

How do I review the old video clips?

They are recorded with default settings.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Our organization was testing BI on a Dell we had laying around. After a successful 2 week testing period we moved to full scale with a custom built Dell OptiPlex with enough horsepower for 36 cameras (currently only 7 are installed). After exporting settings, deactivating the old computer, importing settings and reactivating the new computer I'm at a loss on how to migrate over the old recordings. I have named my folders the same on the new system, but the drive letter is different and I can't make it the same. The folders are mapped correctly but I cannot get the old clips to appear in BI interface. Other than this hang up, everything appears to be running smooth.

How do I review the old video clips?

They are recorded with default settings.
you need to repair or rebuild the database...

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1^^. In the future, you may consider using BI's 'Help' (the big ?); it has a section on how to export and archive clips.

BI_status.jpg

BI_DB-repair.jpg

nick.s

n3wb
Reaction score
I saw the "export" and did some google research well before reaching out to the forum. However, I didn't think the reverse approach would work and apparently didn't read deep enough. I'm a fool and new to BI...but learning quickly. Thank you for the excellent information.