New T5442T-ZE gives web interface problems with IE11

Perimeter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I bought two said T5442T-ZEs during the recent sale. I found the time today to unbox and check them. One cam gave no problem as far as I could tell. But the other will let me login and display the LIVE tab in IE11 (the real IE11) and all functions within that tab. But clicking on any other tab will do nothing! I can't enter PLAYBACK, SETTING, ALARM or LOGOUT. After going back and forth between the two cams, I tried a different browser (chrome) and was able to switch tabs. Now I was able to check firmware and indeed, it runs on an older version than the other cam.

I suspect the problem being different versions of the plugin, mine being more recent. (Neither cam asked me to load one, as this 192.168.1.108 web address is already authorized for a plugin.)

If I were to make a firmware update, I would not be able to do it on IE11.

And yes, I made several factory resets.

Any ideas what else this could be?

Perimeter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You have changed their IP addresses haven’t you?
No, I connected one at a time to the second nic of my PC in order to access them on their factory default IP. I was not setting them up, just checking if they work.
I am not sure if by moving the cam to another IP address, I could have several versions of the dahua plugin coexisting. It doesn't seem to be a good idea to me anyway.

I guess I should update the older cam to the firmware of the younger first. Just need to find it: 18th of august 2022. OK, found it. Already had it downloaded and used for my older T5442T-ZE.
Is it OK to update with Chrome browser, as IE11 can't be used?

Last edited:

trapper

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I experienced something similar a few day ago. I used config tool, selected camera camera choices appeared , double clicked the IE tab for the camera I wanted to view. I logged in with password and live view appeared. I was unable to access to settings act. logged out and tried again same thing. on the third try I only single clicked on the IE and than logged into camera. worked great. I came to the conclusion that I clicked the logging button too many times on the trac pad. I have tried to duplicate the issue with no luck. I have older dahua no updates for a few years