New to BI and this forum, with a few questions

Reaction score
Hi, I bought 3 Foscam f19821w v2 last year, but just recently set them up.

I just a few days ago started the Blue Iris 2 week demo period. I doubt that I
will be able to get BI functioning within the demo period without help. My 3 cameras
are set up on my home network and BI recognizes them.

The cameras will be set up for the only purpose of recording any home break-in.
I have the following questions to begin with:

1. My computer is i3 - 2130, 4gb ram. Will BI work with that system?

2. I assume that after a burglary that all cameras, computers, and other electronic
devices in the home will be gone. I would like for motion detected videos be posted
somewhere such as dropbox. I assume BI can do that. Correct? Or is there a better
place to send the videos?

3. How quickly does motion detected video begin? Can the recorded video begin a few
seconds before the motion trigger, to see what the trigger was?

4. Is there any tutorials for setting up motion detection and recording. With the apparently
hundreds (if not more) check boxes and text boxes within BI, I'll need some help.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Blue iris has a help file that explains each setting.
1) The system will be more than sufficient for your load. Make sure you set recording to direct to disk. Also, install the latest update direct from the website and enable hardware acceleration as explained in the help files what new section. Blue iris options> cameras (though it may not work in the demo as direct to disk is not fully implemented in the demo)
2) Desktop computers are rarely stolen. You can hide the unit as well. Blue iris can upload to ftp or you can save to a dropbox or google drive. Make sure to disable combine an cut so that the video is uploaded after the trigger. A better solution is to clone the camera and record to a hidden network drive, its faster and will be more reliable (search forum for cloning cameras).
3) this is the pretigger frames in the record tab...if you camera is delivering 15fps, set it to 45 if you want 3 seconds and so on.
4) see the help file, make sure to DISABLE object detect or you will miss motion events.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@randerson0248
Welcome to the forum. Blue iris has a help file that explains each setting.
1) The system will be more than sufficient for your load. Make sure you set recording to direct to disk. Also, install the latest update direct from the website and enable hardware acceleration as explained in the help files what new section. Blue iris options> cameras (though it may not work in the demo as direct to disk is not fully implemented in the demo)
2) Desktop computers are rarely stolen. You can hide the unit as well. Blue iris can upload to ftp or you can save to a dropbox or google drive. Make sure to disable combine an cut so that the video is uploaded after the trigger. A better solution is to clone the camera and record to a hidden network drive, its faster and will be more reliable (search forum for cloning cameras).
3) this is the pretigger frames in the record tab...if you camera is delivering 15fps, set it to 45 if you want 3 seconds and so on.
4) see the help file, make sure to DISABLE object detect or you will miss motion events.