New to group hoping to get help with connection issue

Baldy

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all. First time on a chat group. I self installed a Dahua system with 5 cameras last year that has been working fine. I decided to add an extra camera to the system recently but cannot get it to connect to the NVR. Using an 8 channel NVR model DHI-NVR4208-8P-4K with 5 IPC-HDW4431C-A cameras connected.
Tried buying the same camera but could only get the HDW4433C-A which is apparently an upgrade of the 4431C model. When I plugged the new camera into the NVR it gets allocated an IP address, channel and recognizes the device type but i cannot get it to configure. I am using the Dahua UI. Would much appreciate any ideas as all the other cameras worked as soon as plugged them in.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all. First time on a chat group. I self installed a Dahua system with 5 cameras last year that has been working fine. I decided to add an extra camera to the system recently but cannot get it to connect to the NVR. Using an 8 channel NVR model DHI-NVR4208-8P-4K with 5 IPC-HDW4431C-A cameras connected.
Tried buying the same camera but could only get the HDW4433C-A which is apparently an upgrade of the 4431C model. When I plugged the new camera into the NVR it gets allocated an IP address, channel and recognizes the device type but i cannot get it to configure. I am using the Dahua UI. Would much appreciate any ideas as all the other cameras worked as soon as plugged them in.
Hi Baldy,

try to access the new camera directly with a PC..

Look for the notes on how to access a camera when it is connected to your NVR ( you will need to connect a PC to the NVR and then get the camera's IP address and use Dahua's software iirc )

There should be instructions in the IP camtalk cliff notes
IPCamTalk WiKi | IP Cam Talk

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It has been stated here that the newest China region cams won't work on the current NVR's...and that's what you have.

Baldy

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Baldy,

Look for the notes on how to access a camera when it is connected to your NVR ( you will need to connect a PC to the NVR and then get the camera's IP address and use Dahua's software iirc )
Hi Baldy,

There should be instructions in the IP camtalk cliff notes
IPCamTalk WiKi | IP Cam Talk
Thanks. Gives me a starting point.