New to ipcamtalk

Reaction score
Happy to be able to contribute to this forum. I am the founder and CEO of IDmachines an identity, access, security, privacy and machine learning consultancy and technology provider. I have been involved in the use of video for over 30 years much of that with Computer Recognition Systems, Inc., then CoreStreet and now IDmachines. Our clients include end-users, system integrators, manufacturers and other consultancies. Some examples of our work includes helping to develop hardening guides for Axis cameras https://www.axis.com/files/sales/AXIS_Hardening_Guide_1488265_en_1510.pdf as well as for Milestone https://www.milestonesys.com/globalassets/materials/documents/newsletters/xprotect_corporate_hardeningguide.pdf . Recently we have launched a tool (Eidola) for physical security system integrators that performs a number of diagnostics to help determine whether this configuration guidance is being followed.

Reaction score
Not at this point, we use a number of open source tools to build the diagnostics in the platform, open NMAP, open SNMP, open SSL, among others but then put it together on a device for the integrator that typically doesn't have access to these things and make it run on a mouse click for them. I am involved in some open source projects, not specifically for video, one for access control door readers with the Security Industry Association for something called the Open Supervised Device Protocol (OSDP) to standardize the reader to control communication.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Not at this point, we use a number of open source tools to build the diagnostics in the platform, open NMAP, open SNMP, open SSL, among others but then put it together on a device for the integrator that typically doesn't have access to these things and make it run on a mouse click for them. I am involved in some open source projects, not specifically for video, one for access control door readers with the Security Industry Association for something called the Open Supervised Device Protocol (OSDP) to standardize the reader to control communication.
That's pretty awesome.