New to the forum

smalltown

n3wb
Reaction score
Just wanted to say that I've joined up here because I want to understand security camera systems so I can install one myself for my home. So far to me there are just so many options and configurations that I end up stopping my research to keep my head from exploding. That said I will read all the posts I can so maybe I can ask an intelligent question.

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
Yep. Welcome. There is a lot to take in, but if you waste/take the time to read up here for a while before you buy much, it really will pay off in saving you having to learn "the hard way".

There's a lot of great information here, and great folks to help you out.

As with any forum, some will be harsh because they're probably sick of answering the same questions over and over, but they still offer fantastic advice. And some of us may be more forgiving of ignorance because we're still learning ourselves.

Have fun, ask questions, read the Wiki and Cliff Notes, and learn as much as possible before getting started. I had already bought some of the wrong cameras before re-finding this forum, so I made some mistakes. But it's all worked out well in the end. I wasted some money on cameras that are not too good, but now I'm on the right track.

And thanks to the great, and very knowledgeable folks here, my setup is far better now than it would have been had I done it on my own.

Welcome.