new to this

DaveD

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,
I have just installed an SRI AP005 and it seems ok except that the focus is a bit iffy and when I try to manually adjust it through IPCAM the image locks up and I can only seem to get it running again by rebooting through IPCAM. Anyone got any ideas please? Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I have just installed an SRI AP005 and it seems ok except that the focus is a bit iffy and when I try to manually adjust it through IPCAM the image locks up and I can only seem to get it running again by rebooting through IPCAM. Anyone got any ideas please? Thanks
Welcome to the forum...if you are still within the return period, send the camera back..sricam is a really low end brand that pushes junk...
You may be better off with a quality fixed camera, what are you using this for?

DaveD

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome - 2 things really. As a security camera firstly (and during the day) and secondly as a means of watching the wildlife at night around the garden and pond. It seemed a (cheap) suitable device and if I can get the focus problem sorted it looked like it will be ok. why junk? I could still send it back I guess
Thanks......Dave

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome - 2 things really. As a security camera firstly (and during the day) and secondly as a means of watching the wildlife at night around the garden and pond. It seemed a (cheap) suitable device and if I can get the focus problem sorted it looked like it will be ok. why junk? I could still send it back I guess
Thanks......Dave
As a security camera ptz is almost worthless because you need to be in front of it 24/7 to control it (there are some exceptions if you wire sensors and have it move to pretrigger locations)...this one is even worse because it does not have auto focus..
Sricam, is a junk brand, in terms of image quality, firmware,motion detection, reliability, stability...dont take my word for it..see the amazon reviews..
a good ptz begins at 500...
There are some no name brands that folks here are experimenting with that are about 200 or so that would be way better than the sricam...