New user here, hope someone can help!

Reaction score
Hello all, I am a new user and I have two cameras. One is a Reolink and the other Conico. They both work great, but use their own software. I am curious if there is a 3rd party software where I could add both cameras instead of switching back and forth? If this is porrible how do you set it up?

StratRider

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
No expert here but first - you used the "R" word - never go full "R" word. :cool:
Okay, got that out of my system - - if your cams are both Onvif compliant/capable then many softwares will work and my favorite free one is SmartPSS but there are others too.
There is a section of the forum that addresses softwares - root around through there a little for ideas. Google the heck out of your thoughts first, then ask more if not satisfied. Good Luck

StratRider

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
:) google
since you have not given any camera models.
oh, and since some of them are free, just grab em and try. Good Luck

Last edited:

area651

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
:) google
since you have not given any camera models.
oh, and since some of them are free, just grab em and try. Good Luck
Hello all, I am a new user and I have two cameras. One is a Reolink and the other Conico. They both work great, but use their own software. I am curious if there is a 3rd party software where I could add both cameras instead of switching back and forth? If this is porrible how do you set it up?
It wasnt explicitly mentioned but I think Stratrider is referring to the BI trial version. Easy to install on any computer and just see if it works. I'll warn you though that there are some sure fire flamethrower topics around here. One is wifi, another is "cheap cams". While some get all up in arms if you're not using a $150 camera (and that's on the less expensive side), just keep in mind to ask yourself if its doing what YOU need it to do for you. Just like everything in life, you do get what you pay for. Naturally you won't get Ferrari performance out of a Pinto, but if your goal is only to get an alert and a basic image, then even the cheapest cam might do the trick. I think the sticking point that ppl get up about is when someone wants a $30 camera (or nearly free, in my case I have several) to do ultra high quality resolution and performance.

Last edited:

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
The other sticking point is when people say their "low priced" (insert least favorite name) camera performs as well as one of the $150 and up models. That shows, to me, they haven't done enough research or even looked at the statistics of the video stream being delivered by their camera. Not all of the better performing cameras are in the $150 and up range though. The 2231 line from Dahua is under $150 but above $100 and does have excellent performance for a 2MP camera.

Last edited:

area651

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
While I'm feeling chatty, I want to warn you about YOUTUBE reviews that have been bought by free equipment. There are lots of reviewers on youtube that a company will contact and say "hey, if we send you a setup and you get to keep it for free after reviewing, can we get an "honest" review from you on your channel?" I've seen this for everything from truck parts, gun parts, hunting/fishing equipment to computer and camera stuff.

Here's an example of one I don't trust. (maybe you do, thats cool...whatever...) -

fwiw, I've also seen rebate cards buying reviews on Amazon for example. I bought something cheap (like $25) and then after a week, I got a postcard from the company that said they'd send a $20 amazon gift card if I'd post a good review and send in proof. Yes, no ashamed to say I did it. I posted the review they wanted, it went live the next day, I took my screenshots, submitted the proof for the giftcard and then deleted my review. My review was up less than 12hrs and a week later, I got a $20 amazon giftcard. Shady company for sure!

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
:welcome:
Welcome

If you can return the reolink camera please do so. It is crap. It does not use the standard for h.265 and h.264

Read study plan before spending money.
------------------------------------

My standard welcome to the forum message.

Please read the IP Cam Talk Cliff Notes and other items in the IP Cam Talk Wiki. (read on a real computer, not a phone). The wiki is in the blue bar at the top of the page.

Read How to Secure Your Network (Don't Get Hacked!) in the wiki also.

Quick start
1) If you do not have a wired monitored alarm system, get that first
2) Use Dahua starlight cameras or Hikvision darkfighter cameras if you need good low light cameras.
3) use a VPN to access home network (openVPN)
4) Do not use wifi cameras.
5) Do not use cloud storage
6) Do Not use uPNP, P2P, QR, do not open ports,
7) More megapixel is not necessarily better.
8) Avoid chinese hacked cameras (most ebay, amazon, aliexpress cameras(not all, but most))
9) Do not use reolink, ring, nest, Arlo cameras (they are junk), no cloud cameras
10) If possible use a turret camera , bullet collect spiders, dome collect dirt and reflect light (IR)
11) Use only solid copper, AWG 23 or 24 ethernet wire. , no CCA (Copper Clad Aluminum)
12) use a test mount to verify the camera mount location. My test rig: rev.2
13) (Looney2ns)If you want to be able to ID faces, don't mount cams higher than 7ft. You want to know who did it, not just what happened.
14) Use a router that has openVPN built in (Most ASUS, Some NetGear....)
15) camera placement use the calculator... IPVM Camera Calculator V3
16) POE list PoE Switch Suggestion List
17) Camera Sensor size, bigger is general better Sensor Size Chart

Cameras to look at
IPC-T5442TM-AS-LED . Review IPC-T5442TM-AS-LED (Full Color, Starlight+) - 4MP starlight
.................... Dahua IPC-T5442TM-AS-LED review
IPC-T5442TM-AS ..... Review-OEM 4mp AI Cam IPC-T5442TM-AS Starlight+ - 4MP starlight+

IPC-B5442E-ZE ...... Review - OEM IPC-B5442E-ZE 4MP AI Varifocal Bullet Camera With Starlight+
IPC-T2347G-LU ...... Review of the Hikvision OEM model IPC-T2347G-LU 'ColorVu' IP CCTV camera. (DS-2CD2347G1-LU)
IPC-HDW2231R-ZS .... Review-Dahua IPC-HDW2231RP-ZS Starlight Camera-Varifocal
IPC-HDW2231T-ZS-S2 . Review-OEM IPC-T2231T-ZS 2mp Varifocal Starlight Camera
IPC-HDW5231R-ZE .... Review-Dahua Starlight IPC-HDW5231R-ZE 800 meter capable ePOE
IPC-HFW4239T-ASE ... IPC-HFW4239T-ASE
IPCT-HDW5431RE-I ... Review - IP Cam Talk 4 MP IR Fixed Turret Network Camera
IPC-T5241H-AS-PV ... Review-OEM IPC-T5241H-AS-PV 2mp AI active deterrence cam
IPC-T3241-ZAS ...... Review-OEM IPC-T3241-ZAS 2mp AI Lite series Varifocal -- 2mp AI Lite series Varifocal
IPC-HFW2831T-ZS ... Review-Dahua IPC-HFW2831T-ZS 8MP WDR IR Bullet Network Camera -- 8MP Bullet 1/1.8” sensor variable focus.
DS-2CD2325FWD-I
N22AL12 ............ New Dahua N22AL12 Budget Cam w/Starlight -- low cost entry

Other dahua 4MP starlight Dahua 4MP Starlight Lineup

My preferred indoor cameras
DS-2CD2442FWD-IW
IPC-K35A Review-Dahua IPC-K35A 3mp Cube Camera

If interested in Blue Iris and other setup items see the following post

Before asking a question search the forum first...
The best way to search the forum is to use Google
In the google search window enter.. site:ipcamtalk.com ?????? ..where ?????? is the items/terms you are interested in.
Example site:ipcamtalk.com PALE MOON BROWSER

Read,study,plan before spending money ..... plan plan plan
Test do not guess

Reaction score
welcome, and yes some members want you to have better cameras. But it's up to the individual to get whatever cameras fit there budget. There are great budget cameras from sellers on here. Here is one that had a review on here and it is only 85 dollars.
Here is the review of this camera from @bigredfish.

I have one of these and it is a great budget camera with a microphone and has great night view. I think the problem with most people is, they want to achieve perfect camera capture on a low budget and just do not know how to do it. Most crimes happen at night, and in order to achieve great night captures, you need low light cameras. Most cameras on the market aimed at consumers perform poorly at night. But now is a good time to find affordable cameras that have great night capture ability. But you just have to know what to look for. And that is what this site helps you do. READ the Wiki and cliff notes for great information. Can Reolink camera work? absolutely, can reolink identify a car break in at night and have usable footage for the police to identify the degenerates? Probably not. I think the reolink would be good for an overview camera during the day, but that's just my opinion. What is an overview camera, see this thread.

Why do you have TWO cameras in one location.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

StratRider

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
No doubt if he gets interested he will add on but it appears for now that he already has 2 cams and just wants to know what software he can use to run them both at once.
It took me a long time to where I finally got comfy spending the money on more goodies and had just made due with a single cam for almost 20 years and it was worse than 720p.
The tech today is amazing and prices are falling but work with what you have and add to it when you see advantages.
I personally am a huge fan of PTZ cams - even when they sit on a single preset 95% of the time.
Best of Luck.

Reaction score
I may eventually spend more money, but at this time the cameras do what I need. I am just trying to find out how to set them up to use one software.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Blue Iris, you can try it for free for 15days. Blue Iris - Video Security Software