New user setup with "Unable to open file 80040154" error

srg775

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

New BI user. Setup 1 camera to continuously record and to create a "clip" every hour. The problem I am getting is that the clip is created and it shows up in the clips list but when I double-click it to playback it gives me "Unable to open file 80040154" error.

The clip is an MP4 and I can navigate to it on my computer and play with VLC with no problem. It just doesn't playback in BI. Any thoughts?

I downloaded an installed the K-Lite Codec Pack but it either didn't help anything or I did something wrong. Thanks in advance.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,

New BI user. Setup 1 camera to continuously record and to create a "clip" every hour. The problem I am getting is that the clip is created and it shows up in the clips list but when I double-click it to playback it gives me "Unable to open file 80040154" error.

The clip is an MP4 and I can navigate to it on my computer and play with VLC with no problem. It just doesn't playback in BI. Any thoughts?

I downloaded an installed the K-Lite Codec Pack but it either didn't help anything or I did something wrong. Thanks in advance.
mp4 is not an ideal format for recording cams...
1) its does not allow you to view a file before it is closed...this will vary by your combine and cut settings.
2) its less efficient than BVR...
you either dont have the proper codec installed or are trying to open a file that is being written to...

srg775

n3wb
Reaction score
mp4 is not an ideal format for recording cams...
1) its does not allow you to view a file before it is closed...this will vary by your combine and cut settings.
2) its less efficient than BVR...
you either dont have the proper codec installed or are trying to open a file that is being written to...
Thanks, changed it back to BVR and seems to be working now.