New versions of BI not working

jjsmd

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have BI working fine with 20 cameras of different makes on version 4.5.3.0, when I try to upgrade BI to any later versions (4.6 and up) virtually none of my cameras pop up. I get "No Signal" on most of them.

I have tried adding them back, etcc nothing works. when I revert to 4.5.3 they all pop up instantly.

I have duplicated this on a second computer with the same results.

So something dramatically changed in BI in later versions that broke all of my connections to the cameras.

Any help troubleshooting this would be appreciated.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Revert to 4.5.3. Then try doing a BI Options > About > Export Settings. Then upgrade to 4.6.x and do a BI Options > About > Import v4 reg.

jjsmd

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Of course I exported the reg settings and then imported them again after upgrading to newer version.

I have 7-8 Foscam R4 cameras
8 Vivotek FE8180
1 Acti
3 hikvision cube camera

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Of course I exported the reg settings and then imported them again after upgrading to newer version.

I have 7-8 Foscam R4 cameras
8 Vivotek FE8180
1 Acti
3 hikvision cube camera
hikvision cube cameras have no issues with newer versions of BI...there is something else going on here...I suggest a clean install of BI.

jjsmd

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've reinstalled BI several times still not working.

And as i've said. I installed a fresh install of BI on another computer and doesn't work there either

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I've reinstalled BI several times still not working.

And as i've said. I installed a fresh install of BI on another computer and doesn't work there either
Post your settings for the hik...both camera and blue iris...we know it works as others don't have this issue...
Also exclude bi program and storage folders from antivirus..

Last edited:

jjsmd

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok

so in the process of putting together the info you asked for, I tried one more thing.

I had originally done what seemed most logical , which was to re-import my reg settings from the older version. But what I did now was to start to delete cameras that weren't getting any signal
and to my surpise when I deleted about 7-8 of my cameras, the remaining cameras suddenly all poped in with signal.

I then just proceeded to re install the 7 cameras that I had deleted and they all worked.

So I am not sure what the problem was , but apparently it somehow got messed up with the large number of cameras that I had on my previoys saved reg setting.