New victim, er user questions

Abbell

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey all, I am starting the IP cam adventure. I have installed analog camera systems and the prices on IP cameras as well as features have improved greatly.
I am frugal at best and I blame certain people for their glowing reviews (read Nayr) and making me want to get into this. I bought 2 Dahua mini PTZs.

So here is my original system
http://www.gw-security-camera-system.com/GW-Security-Professional-Channel-Realtime/dp/B00DJF77FY
It may be garbage, but it has held up for more than 3 years without an issue. I use the RXcamPro app to access remotely. It is basically a Ray Sharp DVR.
I have been working working with BI to integrate this into my updated system.
The DVR settings are:
Client Port 9000
HTTP Port 7000
Mobile Port 18004

I have been able to get BI to work using the following.
Http://192.168.1.100:9000
Media/video/rtsp port: 18004
Discovery port 7000

Make: Zmodo
Model: ZMD-DX-SBL8 (Mobile port 9000)
Path:
Params: {CAMNO}
Camera: 1-8 depending which I want to view.

I can get every camera to show up, but I think it is running off the substream or worse. For example my substream on Cam 1 when using the web interface to the DVR is showing 500Kbs and BI is reporting 64KB/s so this is definitely the substream. It also drops the cameras fairly often, but with tweaking I got them set to recover fairly quick. I have the substream set to 20FPS and BI set to the same and only goes to 464*240. The main stream is set 960H and 1024Kbs and would be preferred.

Even with garbage resolution I prefer to keep the old system until I replace it entirely. I have just spent a lot on the core components for the new system. After testing with a quad core Atom system I decided to get an upgrade. I upgraded to a Dell Optiplex 7010 with an I-7@3.4, 32Gb memory, 240GB SSD, 2X4TB Sata for storage for just under $600. So I am committed now, but I have a hard time justifying adding in a capture card when the DVR I have has been working great.

So the actual question... and there are about 100 more to follow..

Is this the best I can expect? Does anyone know the path/params to access the main stream if I set the ports differently?

The webplugin used is RSVideo.ocx, the android App is RXCamPro and I found a compatible viewer from the matching Harbor Freight DVR called Surveillance Client (rebranded I am guessing) if that helps.

I do appreciate anyones input,
Thank you

Abbell

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think I figured it out... many painful hours later.
I now have 2 camera streams testing my new settings. These are now pulling 30fps and holding a resolution of 928x480.

The testing continues...

Abbell

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK, sad that I am answering my own question. That said, I hope someone else can read this for help. Apparently I do not own one of the 58,000 DVRs that RaySharp makes that is easy to gain root access. I ran a port sniffer and telnet brute force... then the Metasploit RaySharp module. All failed.
I still may hack it for fun, but my motivation is not there now that I got the cameras playing nice. I now am able to pull the main stream from my DVR and keep it stable with no cam fails. I also have a RS232 to 485 adapter and will test running PelcoD through BI for additional control. I also got my Bosch 4g 300 working...mostly. (darn Beta PTZ)

These settings should work for those stubborn analog 960H DVRs that are like this one. I am now getting 30FPS at 928*480 with no drops.
IP 192.168.1.100:7000 (the http port setup on the DVR)
I set the make to KGuard. Media/RTSP 9000
Hardware decoding to NO
Path leave blank
Params {CAMNO}
Camera whatever camera number you use 1-8. So I mapped each camera to BI directly. I don't need to record as they get over 2 weeks on the 2TB drive I use in the DVR, but I still will pull an extra copy until I decide otherwise. I can setup BI to use the analog cameras to trigger other cameras though. I am still testing settings for that.