New ZUMIMALL rechargeable IP Camera setup

Greg S.

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey all,

Trying to get this thing configured in Blue Iris and not having much luck. It's a Model ZM-WFA3P, and has the obligatory phone app. I see the IP on my router, but Blue Iris isn't seeing it and I have no clue what port it requires. Anyone have any exposure to this camera?

- Greg

davej

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you ever figure this out? I'm guessing the camera does not support ONVIF.

Greg S.

n3wb
Reaction score
The battery power works fine. I'd expect at least 2 months out of a charge. Just depends who much it's recording.

And Dave, you are correct. doesn't support ONVIF. Too bad, it's not a bad concept.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The battery power works fine. I'd expect at least 2 months out of a charge. Just depends who much it's recording.

And Dave, you are correct. doesn't support ONVIF. Too bad, it's not a bad concept.
You are confused. If it would work with blue iris it would have to constantly stream or you would miss the first 30 seconds of video. Its a terrible concept made for folks who dont care about poor image quality, poor recording, and a quality camera. 99.9 percent of the time you can run a cable to the camera. For the limited circumstances where its actually not possible, a battery setup with a proper camera is easy to implement.

davej

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am curious whether it can use the microSD card to buffer and backup the data? If it has to use a PIR sensor to detect motion and wake up and then get a wifi connection and then connect to cloud storage that might lose several seconds in addition to being unable to record the pre-trigger time.

davej

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For my application I am using a SD card and not a cloud subscription, so you aren't forced to record to the cloud.
I guess my question is -- can you do both? If someone takes the camera it would be nice to have a cloud recording of that.

davej

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I posted the question on Amazon. Maybe someone will answer.