NEWB Looking to learn & get some recommendations

JohnUtah

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys, about to close on a new place with the wife and am looking to lock it down like Fort Knox. Because why not this is America.

So... I've been creeping and trying to do as much research as I could but would love to hear a more educated opinion of what I might actually need versus what I think I might need.

THE HOUSE
I'm leaving out shots of the front for privacy reasons, but I am planning on using a dome or turret cam above the front door and another similar cam to cover a driveway space in front of the home. But the backyard has lots of space that I want to make sure I have covered.
Back_3.pngBack_2.pngBack_1.png
I obviously need to cover the pool area but would also like to cover the 2 sides of the house as they have gates (which will remain locked, unless party) which go to the front of the home.

Also I was thinking I could get some turret cams and mount them on the back of the home for coverage and possibly add an additional IR light source on the little shed (outdoor bathroom/storage) next to the pool to further illuminate the way back of the yard at night.

BUDGET
600-750'ish$ ?, could become flexible if I could add pieces as I went.

WHAT I THINK I NEED
A NVR with 6-7 cameras to cover the exterior. I would prefer to get decent quality gear as I would like to be able to watch the feeds regularly and not be looking at blurry footage. But I also am conscious of the cost of said decent gear and know I'm not guarding anything of real value that could justify the expense.

I want to have all of the cameras fed into a setup in my office and then run a splitter and booster so that I can drop hard wired HDMI outputs all around the house for monitors. Because again it's America why not have cool screens showing the security cams everywhere.

So any info or recommendations you guys have would be awesome. Apologies if I am backwards or naive about any of this, trying to learn as I go.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: