Newb-Please Help. Hikvision DS-KV8102-IM

Vince1

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I purchased a Intercom Door Station unit from Aliexpress. It was working fine but I upgraded the firmware from 1.4.71 to 1.5 since the indoor monitor I bought was on firmware 1.5

Now I cannot integrate this Door Station in iVMS 4200 client or on my NVR, I keep getting a message saying "Language Mismatch". The only place I can even configure this is in the batch configuration tool.

Downloaded HikTools and the firmware shows ID 1 EN/ML

Can someone help me out? Any help would be appreciated.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I keep getting a message saying "Language Mismatch".
That's the classic Hikvision 'Gotcha! you bought a "hacked to EN" CN camera, we'll punish you for trying to run EN firmware on it'.

You never know - the seller might send you a copy of the hacked firmware if you ask them.

Vince1

n3wb
Reaction score
The guy wants to use Teamviewer to fix it, I am not 100% sure I trust someone on my network. I can configure it in the Batch Configuration but I cannot integrate it rendering the access control useless.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The guy wants to use Teamviewer to fix it, I am not 100% sure I trust someone on my network.
That's a pretty good response.
Do you think selling hacked cameras that people update and brick is a way to get directly into customers networks?
Not very likely.

Obviously there is a trust opportunity, but also a way to fix up the camera, and maybe even grab the firmware copy that would be used.
*edit* 'consideration'
Suggestion:
Maybe use a PC with no sensitive data, non-administrative logon, and have only that PC connected to the router, disconnect all other devices.

Vince1

n3wb
Reaction score
He fixed it. Pretty quickly too, I used a VM image and loaded Teamviewer on that. Appreciate the help. He upgraded the firmware too to work with the intercom monitor. Thanks for the attempted help.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
He fixed it. Pretty quickly too, I used a VM image and loaded Teamviewer on that.
A good result! Sounds like a very helpful seller.
So was the initial fix (before the final firmware update) something other than a full firmware update?

But remember for any future activity that a VM still has access to the host device and network.

Vince1

n3wb
Reaction score
He just uploaded two firmware files one then doing the other. H-0.dav and H-5.dav

I am trying to figure out how to get this thing to record alarms and logging to my NVR now. I got a 7732NI NVR.

He insisted on using VPN in Teamviewer which probably is more of a security thing for both of us. I will delete the VM image now. I use VMware to do some clowning around.

Vince1

n3wb
Reaction score
I would of gladly paid the guy to fix it but he did it for free. It was my screw up anyway.

hikhop

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I purchased a Intercom Door Station unit from Aliexpress. It was working fine but I upgraded the firmware from 1.4.71 to 1.5 since the indoor monitor I bought was on firmware 1.5

Now I cannot integrate this Door Station in iVMS 4200 client or on my NVR, I keep getting a message saying "Language Mismatch". The only place I can even configure this is in the batch configuration tool.

Downloaded HikTools and the firmware shows ID 1 EN/ML

Can someone help me out? Any help would be appreciated.
Hello, I am having the same problem, only I can log on and change password etc with sadp and batch config, but I cannot use remote configuration and always get "ip address mismatch. Do you have any tips as to how I can get into the intercom configuration?
Thanks

what-da

n3wb
Reaction score
He just uploaded two firmware files one then doing the other. H-0.dav and H-5.dav

I am trying to figure out how to get this thing to record alarms and logging to my NVR now. I got a 7732NI NVR.

He insisted on using VPN in Teamviewer which probably is more of a security thing for both of us. I will delete the VM image now. I use VMware to do some clowning around.
Vince1 have you got a copy of the modified firmware. I have the same problem and looking for a fix.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk