Newb question here .... Heimvision HM205

KSN380

n3wb
Reaction score
Good day folks. I was hoping this would be an easy setup. It seems camera manufacturers are forcing us to use crappy cloud recording features that have monthy/annual monetary plans. I purchased this camera (which has an SD card slot) hoping it would record motion related issues and I would be able to see/access those recordings on my PC. This camera forces me to use their own app/browser to access recordings. Why the hell can't I have some piece of software on my PC that simply records motion from the camera? Is this camera garbage? Do I need to chuck this and purchase something else?

The camera is literally 6-7 feet away from the router. The router is a few feet away from the PC. All in the same room. Is there no PC software out there that can connect to the camera and give me the ability to see both live and recorded footage on my PC?

Thanks for your help in adavance.

KSN

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
People would probably need more information to help you. Camera make and model, which App your using, etc

KSN380

n3wb
Reaction score
The camera make/model is Heimvision HM205 (listed in the title). The app provided by Heimvision is Pixplus for Android (this gives me the ability to watch live footage and recorded footage via the SD card (not all SD recordings are reliable/some record/some don't)). The website they recommended to me is ucloudcam.com (this gives me the ability to watch live footage but NOT recorded footage on the SD card but only through their website via a browser.

I'd like to get some PC software that'll give me the ability to both watch live and recorded footage (on the PC).

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
What you bought is a low end, consumer grade, cloud based, camera. I just looked it up and the specs are anything but informative which is the first indicator of quality or lack thereof. If you want a decent, inexpensive, camera with local storage, no cloud services required (but you can also use the cloud based apps for it) and reasonable night vision give this one a try, it comes in white as well -

Have a look in the WiKi, in the blue bar at the top of the page, and read the Cliff Notes in there on a real computer, not a phone or tablet. There's a wealth of information in there that will help you save time, money, effort and frustration.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.