Newbie looking for some help

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've just signed up in the hope of receiving some help from you all. I have been hovering around here for quite a while so i have seen the knowledge that most of you bring.

Now before i explain my issue, let me first start by saying that i was looking for a fairly basic and cost effective domestic set up for my house. The main point being cost effective. I appreciate my set up wont be to some of yours taste but i will listen all the same.

So, i am currently running a Sricam (I know that alot of you will be rolling your eyes at this point) SP013 IP camera. I have installed it on the side of the house using a 10m Ethernet cable and POE injector kit the same as this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PoE-Passive-Power-Over-Ethernet-Adapter-Injector-Kit-/200841109556?hash=item2ec3102034:g:z~MAAOxyaqlSSbG0

All was fine prior to install, and like an idiot i didn't check it with the 10m ethernet between the kit, instead i checked it with a much shorter ethernet cable and all was ok. Fast foward to today, and i've ran my cabling, attached the camera to the wall, and plugged in the adaptor only to find that the camera is now switching itself on and off and continues the cycle. I'm not sure whether i have an issue with my camera, or whether the 1000amp adaptor is not able to push the voltage all the way along the 10m cable.

Any help you can provide will be massively appreciated!!!

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.