Newbie needing help !

Cesare

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello guys, I'm reading the forum since a lot trying to choose cams for my shop. I'm not an expert so I need some help please. I post here a draw with 2 configurations : I don't even know how to position cam to have a better view :-( and with all the questions. Please help !

Attachments

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
I'd go turrets inside and out. Definitely starlight ones outdoors and probably indoors as well if budget allows. Not sure what your budget buys in euros. The HDW5231R-Z is excellent. The outdoor turrets should probably flank the big door to allow closeups of people approaching, otherwise they'll all be at a distance. You'll need a dedicated cam outdoors to catch plates at night. For settings, start at locking the exposure at 1/500 day and night and drop the gain down. 1/1000 or better may help for faster traffic. 15fps should be plenty. You may need an additional external illuminator. For inside, if budget allows go for starlights as well. If not, the 4431 stuff has good dynamic range.

Cesare

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind reply @Kawboy12R ! So let's try to give an order to my ideas : a 2 mp starlight is better then a normal 4 mp ? I'm trying to understand what advantages have h265 compression cams respect h264 ones. And last but not least 4431 stuff is not available in Italy, only aliexpress sell them but they have not wdr function, they are dwdr cams :-(

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
The 2mp starlight is much better than the 4mp cams at night which strengthens the biggest weakness of any camera a lot. Daytime? With the same FOV the 4mp will have more detail but most folks choose too wide a lens on their fixed cams anyway so the HDW5231R-Z allows proper tuning. Plus it'll go well beyond 6mm or maybe 8mm which is a common limitation of fixed turrets even if you know you should have a longer lens.