Newbie: PC-HDW5231R-ZE, not so clear in BI !!

wudwork

n3wb
Reaction score
Thru IE, I zoom to max and can clearly see leaves, rocks etc. In BI (latest version) I still see the rocks but not as clearly. What settings to adjust, where to start ?

BI server is dedicated to BI, CPU is around 60% and 1gig of RAM (out of 16).

wudwork

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for sub stream idea. I could not find that in BI, only in the camera portal. I removed the sub and the picture quality did increase. I was not aware of the need for settings in the portal vs BI. Ex: why do you send all the video to BI and filter it (motion mask areas etc.) there; why not config in camera portal and only send the video to BI that you want. So far, I only used portal to assign the IP address. Now I need to learn what setting gets input in portal vs BI.
Also, you can pan/zoom in BI yet in the camera portal you cannot pan to same boundaries. I think this has something to do with my original issue.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for sub stream idea. I could not find that in BI, only in the camera portal. I removed the sub and the picture quality did increase. I was not aware of the need for settings in the portal vs BI. Ex: why do you send all the video to BI and filter it (motion mask areas etc.) there; why not config in camera portal and only send the video to BI that you want. So far, I only used portal to assign the IP address. Now I need to learn what setting gets input in portal vs BI.
Also, you can pan/zoom in BI yet in the camera portal you cannot pan to same boundaries. I think this has something to do with my original issue.
You have a basic mis-understanding of your setup.
All quality settings are setup in the Cameras web interface. All BI does is record what is sent to it.
Read the BI help file and the wiki at the top of this page.

wudwork

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanx for update. I need to get this initial setup behind me; I am looking to integrate Vera and will get Alexa to speak out "intruder in garage" at profiles I setup. Much to learn.

You have a basic mis-understanding of your setup.
All quality settings are setup in the Cameras web interface. All BI does is record what is sent to it.
Read the BI help file and the wiki at the top of this page.