newbie to forum

Ubaid Masood

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is Ubaid from Pakistan, Working in Dahua from last 4 years and currently my role is Technical Leader for Dahua Pakistan.
Overall , working with great energy in the security and surveillance industry from past 7 years!

Lets learn together... Nice to meet you!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, Ubaid.
I predict you will get a lot of technical questions ...

Here is one -
Can you provide a link to stock firmware for this model :
"IPC-HFW1841EN-PV-0280B-CAYENNE"

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Is it OEM ???
Yes, it is. ("IPC-HFW1841EN-PV-0280B-CAYENNE")
Which is presumably why suitable firmware does not seem to be publicly available.
See this post from @pozzello :

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
The most I would expect from Ubaid (as a rep for Dahua) might be a confirmation that "Cayenne" is a code-word for certain OEM builds.

Ubaid, the primary reason for seeking ANY firmware for the Lorex-branded HW is for DIY-minded folks like us here to be able to 'fix' them if/when they have firmware-related issues. As Lorex doesn't provide firmware for this model (E891ab) and it appears to be a re-branded IPC-HFW1841E (per HWID) , we're wondering if Dahua can/would. My guess is 'NO', but it can't hurt to ask... :)

Ubaid Masood

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The most I would expect from Ubaid (as a rep for Dahua) might be a confirmation that "Cayenne" is a code-word for certain OEM builds.

Ubaid, the primary reason for seeking ANY firmware for the Lorex-branded HW is for DIY-minded folks like us here to be able to 'fix' them if/when they have firmware-related issues. As Lorex doesn't provide firmware for this model (E891ab) and it appears to be a re-branded IPC-HFW1841E (per HWID) , we're wondering if Dahua can/would. My guess is 'NO', but it can't hurt to ask... :)
on hit and trial method .. i share a version .. not sure if it would work .. not familiar with OEM ... wish could do some thing

TheWaterbug

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes, it is. ("IPC-HFW1841EN-PV-0280B-CAYENNE")
Which is presumably why suitable firmware does not seem to be publicly available.
See this post from @pozzello :
LOL! I just received my very first E891AB/IPC-HFW1841EN-PV-0280B-CAYENNE, and I'm looking for suitable Dahua firmware so that I can view the web interface without a plugin. Watching this thread . . . .