Newest BI android app update

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Anyone else having force closures with this new update?

Fubduck

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I can get logged in but I cannot see any video. It appears to be playing the alert video but all I see is the running time code at the top, everything else is black. I'm on a Shield K1 Tablet with Android 7.0/Nougat.
I uninstalled and reinstalled the app but the same thing is happening. I'll pull the previous version from my phone and side load it to the tablet until the new version gets fixed.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I can get logged in but I cannot see any video. It appears to be playing the alert video but all I see is the running time code at the top, everything else is black. I'm on a Shield K1 Tablet with Android 7.0/Nougat.
I uninstalled and reinstalled the app but the same thing is happening. I'll pull the previous version from my phone and side load it to the tablet until the new version gets fixed.
there is another thread discussing this...email support so he can fix it.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Nothing changed here after update. Crashes immediately when choosing a cam or clip.
That portion of mine has improved and seems stable.. original pixel

No notifications

Im sure tomorrow will bring more fixes..

Last edited:

Mr_D

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I used mine today to view some alert clips without crashing, but the push notifications in general (including Gmail) seem to be intermittent today.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ken's being blasted on Google play reviews and everyone seems to have different issues.
It'll all come out in the wash.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ken's being blasted on Google play reviews and everyone seems to have different issues.
It'll all come out in the wash.
They are a bunch of idiots...i love how some of them get all bent out of shape because they spent a whole 10 dollars on the app or 60 dollars on the server as though its an astronomical sum in this space. It is sad that google does not allow replies by users to the reviews. Same rule goes for the app as the server. Turn off auto update and all will be well.

Mr_D

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
They are a bunch of idiots...i love how some of them get all bent out of shape because they spent a whole 10 dollars on the app or 60 dollars on the server as though its an astronomical sum in this space. It is sad that google does not allow replies by users to the reviews. Same rule goes for the app as the server. Turn off auto update and all will be well.
These are the same people who run out and upgrade Windows the day it goes RTM, then bitch when their 7 year old HP all-in-one printer doesn't work.

BaBaLou

n3wb
Reaction score
As of Thursday AM early.
Notification to devices is still not working.
Also the App is still crashing upon connecting on my Samsung Tablet. Workes fine on the cell phone LG G6. V2.0.53. Android 8.

As if Thursday afternoon. All is back to normal. Notification is working. Tablet is alive with BI. What a relief.

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Its still crashing now on android pie even with the latest .54. This only happens if audio (listening) is enabled in the app.