Night setting for amcrest camera using blue iris

Cleve

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a Amcrest PTZ camera that looks at Grain Bins and fuel tanks that are close to the road. At night when a car comes up/down the road their headlight are reflecting off of the Grain Bins causing the camera to Trigger. Can anyone suggest/provide settings that may solve this?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Without screenshots of your motion settings and sample image of field of view and video, it is all just guesses. But things to look at include:

• Min Duration (Make time) - make it longer than you have now.
  • Object Detection - is it checked and under that option do you have it set to reset after object size exceeds X%

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
That's about the hardest thing I've found to deal with as far as falses. I have a street corner near the house and lights from turning cars sweep my yard/house/cars in driveway. Short of AI, good luck.

What are you watching for? People? State of bins/tanks? In addition to the above maybe can set zones a little differently to exclude the problem area.

Cleve

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I changed min duration from .05 to 1.5, object detection is checked and "Object size exceeds" is set to 67. Just trying to keep an eye on the fuel tanks mostly. Even Off road cost like rip...