Night vision IP camera for under $60?

Maxwell175

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

Are there any nice IP cameras out there for under $60? This is primarily for night security, so the farther the IR reach the better. Obviously seeing more-or-less clear faces would also be great.

Thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,

Are there any nice IP cameras out there for under $60? This is primarily for night security, so the farther the IR reach the better. Obviously seeing more-or-less clear faces would also be great.

Thanks.
no...pay 100 for a dahua starlight turret fixed camera...see dahua starlight threads..

Ford

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello,

Thanks.
NO

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
What's the difference between that cam and something dirt cheaplike this? As in what are the benefits?
image quality, with be SIGNIFICANTLY different..stability and reliability as well...its not even close...the camera you linked to is a toy, its doesnt even support h.264 it is 10 year old junk....I urge you to start reading this forum before flushing your money down the drain...that camera is not worth a dime...

jaycanter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
1st pick is hikivision 1080 without starlight with external infared

2nd pick is Dauha 1080 with starlight and external infared.

both are in a building with no lighting at all

Screenshot_20170923-212552.jpg Screenshot_20170923-212621.jpg

Reaction score
What's the difference between that cam and something dirt cheaplike this? As in what are the benefits?
The dirt cheap camera has rotten firmware, cheap hardware, and won't be reliable, at all. The Dahua Starlight camera has excellent firmware, quality hardware inside, and a nighttime picture quality that is second to none. Seriously, don't waste your money on the dirt cheap stuff. It's dirt cheap for a good reason.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
The dirt cheap camera has rotten firmware, cheap hardware, and won't be reliable, at all. The Dahua Starlight camera has excellent firmware, quality hardware inside, and a nighttime picture quality that is second to none. Seriously, don't waste your money on the dirt cheap stuff. It's dirt cheap for a good reason.
But not all guys have enough budget for the security. As we know there has many IP camera brands on the market, most of them are toys, i had a client(From UK)told me there had some bad guys broken into his house in the night, the poor thing is the camera not record any video on his camera's SD card, lost his cash, jewelries, and hurt his arms, and nearly disabled. So i think have to make any cents of the costs worthy, dahua or Hikvision is the best choice right now, they also have cheaper models, and works not as a toy. IP cameras selling on amazon, top 5 listing, i know them well, most of them are toys and not cheap at all.

Reaction score
Just wanted to add, the dirt cheap camera gets you 300K resolution, barely VGA 480p video. This is the ten-year-old technology to which @fenderman referred. Today's Hikvision and Dahua cameras provide 2 megapixel resolution, 1080p HD video as a minimum.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Reaction score
This is probably the best you'll find for under $60. Wholesale IPC-HDW4431C-A Gallery - Buy Low Price IPC-HDW4431C-A Lots on Aliexpress.com

Be careful which seller you choose, be aware it could take a month or longer to arrive, and don't upgrade the firmware.

It isn't a rock star camera but it is leaps and bounds better than most of the crap you'll find at wal mart or amazon even for 4x the price.
I can vouch for AliExpress seller XinRay Store. Good communication, but slow e-packet shipping. Expect to wait five-to-six weeks for delivery.
DaHua IPC HDW4431C A POE Network IR Mini Dome IP Camera With Built in Micro Full HD 1080P 4MP CCTV Camera-in Surveillance Cameras from Security & Protection on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group