Nighttime shots from Dahua CVI cameras

Lance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How are those night shots so clear? I don't have cvi but my 3mp dahua isn't near as clear. Is there some kind of settings issue or focus issue?

Attachments

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes, 2mp CVI's. With the help of some ambient lighting and they are mounted fairly low, they look pretty good.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
How are those night shots so clear? I don't have cvi but my 3mp dahua isn't near as clear. Is there some kind of settings issue or focus issue?
Looks like there is something wrong with your settings/installation...can you take a screenshot from the camera itself? what model are you using?

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Since this is a Tribrid system, what I did was hook up the old analog cameras first, set up ddns and port forwarding, than as I changed each camera, I would look on my phone and position it. Here are some before and after shots. Can you tell which ones are analog and which are CVI? LOL

Attachments

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I thought I was not going to like the 2mp CVI's, but they aren't that bad at all. I was very impressed with the Tribrid DVR though! It has 4 hdd slots, the 2 hdmi ports are for one video output, and the 2nd hdmi is for a matrix that you can set up to sequence any cameras you choose in HD. It has a disk analyzer and what that does is checks for good or bad sectors on the hdd and lets you know if the hdd
is good or not. It has every type of email notification possible as far as abnormality of the DVR. I'm not even sure what it meant, but you can set quota's for each hdd. I have every camera recording at a high bit rate and not even a hiccup. I'll try to post some screen shots of the web interface. There are more choices in the DVR itself through a monitor though.

Lance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looks like there is something wrong with your settings/installation...can you take a screenshot from the camera itself? what model are you using?
Here is a daytime screenshot from the cam, I'll get a night shot here in a few hours when it gets dark. I haven't changed any of the default settings, only the substream. I upgraded the firmware last night to see if that would help, but no changes.

Attachments

Lance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nice Sat antenna!

I am using the IPC-HFW4300S

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Turn up the noise reduction and the gain a bit...lower the sharpness a tad and see if it helps...keep in mind that 3mp cameras will have worse night vision than 1.3 or 2mp cameras...is there any ambient light there?

Lance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Turn up the noise reduction and the gain a bit...lower the sharpness a tad and see if it helps...keep in mind that 3mp cameras will have worse night vision than 1.3 or 2mp cameras...is there any ambient light there?
NO ambient light except for the neighbors (way too early) Christmas lights across the street. Why do the smaller pixel cams have better NV? I will adjust settings and see what I can get out of it. It looks like it has a halo or fog from the IR LEDS clouding it up.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I dont know the technical explanation but there is something about the sensor (this is why there is still a market for 1.3mp cameras for example hikvision makes the same units in 1.3 and 3mp.. often times the 3mp is cheaper because there is more stock of it)...the 1.3mp dahuas have awesome night vision, even the cheap vga cams do.....you may be getting a bit of ir reflecting off something...

Lance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I dont know the technical explanation but there is something about the sensor (this is why there is still a market for 1.3mp cameras for example hikvision makes the same units in 1.3 and 3mp.. often times the 3mp is cheaper because there is more stock of it)...the 1.3mp dahuas have awesome night vision, even the cheap vga cams do.....you may be getting a bit of ir reflecting off something...
I will mess with the focus when I can, sorry to derail the thread. Might try out a 1.3MP. Would it help to put some motion activated flood lights? Here is after some adjustments, best I could get it.

Attachments