NKB1000 Question

Nigel79

n3wb
Reaction score
Can you speed up the pan and tilt using the NKB1000? I looked for that answer in the instruction manual and online and I can't find it. I just got my first system yesterday. Dahua PTZ, 5208nvr, NKB1000. More cameras to come of course. I still can't get everything hooked up to my network or remote viewing. I think the problem is I'm using a Securifi wi-Fi extender/access point. I have other stuff hooked up via ethernet and everything works fine and I ran a speed test on my iPad off the Wi-Fi from it and I get on average 100mbs. However I don't have access to the router or a computer so I don't know how to go about it. I've been trying different things all day.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
if you plug it into ethernet w/out the WiFi in the middle does it work?

Nigel79

n3wb
Reaction score
I plug my ethernet Cables right into the Securifi access point/wifi extender. The modem and Netgear Nighthawk R8000 router is in my neighbors house. I pay him $20 a month for his password. I get 100mbs in my house. I can do port forwarding and stuff like that on my access point. I have the camera plugged into the NVR and ethernet connection from the NVR to the access point. I ran an ethernet cable from the NKB1000 to the access point and got everything working on my LAN. I did get a push notification from the Securifi access point on my phone last night when I was playing around with the settings that the NVR connected but today I couldn't get it to connect again.

Last edited:

Nigel79

n3wb
Reaction score
I tried typing in the NVR IP address in the address bar on my iPad but it says you have to download a plug-in so and I can't do that on my iPad. I might just end up buying a laptop. I seem to need one more and more for things.