No Access to one CAM Web GUI behind NVR

Andyh747

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi All,

I know this scenario has cropped up many times but this situation is a little odd and hope someone knows what's happened here.

I have a 5432-16P NVR and have 20 cameras connected to the NVR with 16 via the PoE ports on the NVR. All of the cameras have installed fine and are all accessible vis the registration page and clicking on the blue IE icon.......... except one! I added a new camera today to port 4 on the NVR. The camera was recognised no problem and displayed perfectly. However when I click the IE icon to access the web GUI, I get a blank page and the "This site can't be reached" error. I've tried several browsers and same result. Have also restarted the NVR but no luck. As anyone who has worked with cameras connected direct to an NVR they are given an IP by the NVR in the 10.1.1.XX range. This camera is no different. It's been allocated 10.1.1.68 and is plugged into port 4 on the NVR. When the IE icon next to the camera is clicked the browser opens a new window as usual with the correct address for that camera i.e. 192.168.88.9:10080 but no access to the GUI.

All the other cameras are accessible without problem. It's just this one camera which isn't displaying the GUI page.

Without resetting to factory default and adding again, can anyone suggest a fix to get access to the GUI for this camera?

Many Thanks.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Hmm that’s right. Odd..

Fastest way may indeed be default, unplug from NVR, delete from the registration screen, plug back in.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Assume you have a green indicator on the Reg screen... after default it should assume the same password as the NVR

possible another camera was plugged into 4 previously and for some reason password didn’t synch? Open the edit popup by clicking the pencil icon and make sure the camera password is correct. This is where the NVR stores credentials to communicate with the camera

Andyh747

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes green dot next to camera.

You are correct that I had another cam plugged into Port 4 and swapped that to another port. Password issue is possible but then wouldn’t it show a red dot as it wouldn’t be able to connect? I’ll check the password anyway and see what happens when I enter it again.

if that fails I’ll try a reset and delete from reg page.

Andyh747

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK I checked the password and all well on that front. Just for additional info when I try to load the web GUI for that camera from the registration page I get the following displayed:

This site can’t be reached
The web page at might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

ERR_UNSAFE_PORT

Very odd and having setup numerous NVRs I've never experienced this behaviour. I'll try and reset on camera and delete from registration page.

Will update with my findings when I can.

Andyh747

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I’ve tried every browser I can. Chrome, Edge, Firefox. All the same.

It must be related to how the camera was added by the NVR as all others are fine on every other port. It probably didn’t help swapping ports around. I did that as I needed ePoE for this camera as the run was more than standard. Only the first 8 ports are ePoE.

I’ve also tried it in another port but same result. Reset seems the only way.

Andyh747

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK thanks to the steer from @bigredfish above I got to the bottom of the problem. Resetting didn't help as the camera was still not accessible on any browser with the same message.

After following the link it turns out the browser was blocking the port but every browser was blocking the port! I had to alter the browser settings and allow access via that port. Why that port (10080) was blocked yet all the others aren't is a mystery! Once I allowed that port the camera GUI popped up and all was well. Bit of a pain to sort but at least it's another lesson I'll tuck away for future.

Thanks again @bigredfish, you're a star:)

aerospace1

n3wb
Reaction score
Seems like all the browsers are blocking port 10080 for security reasons. Here is a clip from an article dated April, 2021 .... "Google Chrome has decided to block HTTP, HTTPS and FTP access to TCP port 10080 to prevent ports from being exploited in NAT Slipstreaming 2.0 attacks. This is a major issue that can put our security at risk. Specifically, it allows malicious website scripts to bypass visitors’ NAT firewall and gain access to any TCP / UDP port on the internal network."
Searching I found this also to be true for Firefox and Safari.
Is there any way to change the port to something other than 10080 ? I started an installation with a Dahua NVR and have 3 cameras connected so far. NVR port 1 is 10081, port 2 10080 and port 3 10082. Strangely not in order so is this a random assigned port when first accessed from a computer logged into the NVR and clicking on the IE logo ?

EDIT: Just found out here that port 10080 is assigned to the first camera accessed, so I guess I accessed port 2 first thus the 10080 assignment.

Andyh747

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes I found all browsers blocked the port.

I don't think the port assignment is 10080 first as I installed 16 cameras and it was only on the last one that it assigned port 10080.

Crows

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Interesting . I have same issue , thought it was something stupid I done.

Last edited:

aerospace1

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes I found all browsers blocked the port.

I don't think the port assignment is 10080 first as I installed 16 cameras and it was only on the last one that it assigned port 10080.
Ok I did see that in your post it just didn't register lol. I wonder if that port could be eliminated ? Maybe in a FW update ?

aerospace1

n3wb
Reaction score
Interesting . I have same issue , thought it was something stupid I done.

I thought the same thing, I tried all the browsers, thought it was something in my security settings until I came here.

aerospace1

n3wb
Reaction score
What port # is it showing? 4 or 37777?
Is port 37777 ok to leave as is ? I know leaving default ports is not a good thing to do although my NVR doesn't have access to the internet only local network and my remote access is through OpenVPN set up in my Asus router (default port changed).

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Don’t know your full configuration, but if it’s working and not connected yes

just some dude

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I know this is an old thread but I'm wondering if you are still using port 10080? If not did you find a workaround?