No alert notifications in IOS - "Test message sent to 0 devices"

xxkevo

n3wb
Reaction score
Started getting iOS push failure -2146893016 on Blue Iris today. Running version 4.8.4.5

Anyone else having issues? checked for the latest update, but there's no updates. How do i fix this?

Thanks in advance!

lamontfr

n3wb
Reaction score
I also noticed this today, It had been working for weeks and I tested it a few days ago and all was OK. I have not changed anything on Windows or on the iPhone. I am on version 4.8.4.5 and the iPhone App version is 1.63.00 on iOS 11.4.

I tried logging out/in the App, removing/adding the device, resetting the iPhone and rebooting Windows, but no luck.

BlueWave

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Basically its a software issue with BlueIris that will be fixed in a future update. The workaround for now is to enable sms alerts.

BlueWave

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Resolved: Update just released that fixes Apple Push Notifications: 4.8.4.6

rsg

n3wb
Reaction score
After nearly two years running BI I started getting this same error except I am on the latest version of BI so I can’t upgrade. I tried rebooting. All mobile devices are listed in BI and the apps work on the devices. Any other ideas?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
After nearly two years running BI I started getting this same error except I am on the latest version of BI so I can’t upgrade. I tried rebooting. All mobile devices are listed in BI and the apps work on the devices. Any other ideas?
what exact version of BI?

rsg

n3wb
Reaction score
what exact version of BI?
Ok, I assumed it was the latest version since it didn’t prompt for an upgrade after restarting but I see that it’s 4.8.4.5. The options for updating on the About tab (under Software support and maintenance) are all greyed out, except for the Upgrade/renew now and Email support now buttons.
Can I just manually download and install the file from the Blue Iris website without losing my settings?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, I assumed it was the latest version since it didn’t prompt for an upgrade after restarting but I see that it’s 4.8.4.5. The options for updating on the About tab (under Software support and maintenance) are all greyed out, except for the Upgrade/renew now and Email support now buttons.
yes as explained in other threads, you need to go to the blue iris website to update since your support has expired. Just run the update file.

Reactions: rsg

rsg

n3wb
Reaction score
yes as explained in other threads, you need to go to the blue iris website to update since your support has expired. Just run the update file.
I see. Since support has expired the automatic update prompts have been disabled? That must be a new change.