No audio from NVR only

Calvinder

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone
I have a Hikvision Ds-7608ni-k2/8p Firmware Version: 4.30.005build200628 and I get no audio at all out of the audio out RCA jack on the back. All audio settings I can find are on.
I get audio with iVMS 4500 and iVMS 4200 both in live stream and playback.
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
Calvin

ThomasCamFan

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I don't have any experience with your NVR. But the audio out jack is high-Z (1k ohm drive). You need to use an amplified speaker. Any amplifier with "line input" should be Ok to use.

Also, if you are using a HDMI monitor you should be able to hear audio from it too.

Lastly, some NVRs mute audio during multi channel live view. So test the NVR's single camera live view.

- Thomas

Calvinder

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Thomas thanks for your input.
Yes I realize it has to go through an amp and it is. I have also checked the amp and it input. I should have said before it was working in the past.
The reason I use it this way is it is running on an HDMI monitor that does not have speakers.
This does however give me the idea to try it on a different monitor that has speakers to see if it is just the RCA out on the back that is not working. Thanks
I am also aware of the mute during multi channel view. This NVR lets you chose which cameras audio plays in multi cam view.
But good thought

Saludos
Calvin