No Audio in Blue Iris - Works Fine in Web GUI

permaN3wb

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All,

New forum member here, and new to security cameras in general. Just dipped my toes in a couple of months ago.

I've got an analog camera and mic feeding into a Vivotek VS8100-v2 video server. Video into BI is ok, but I'm not hearing any audio from the feed. When I access the Vivotek browser-based GUI from the same machine I am running BI on, I am able to hear audio correctly. So, that suggests I've at least got the server and ports set up properly on the hardware and network side.

When I set up the "camera" in BI, pointing the network to the VS's IP address, BI does not appear to detect the audio stream. "AudioOutputs: 0" when I click the Find/Inspect button - Note it is correctly identifying the VS.
1.jpg 2.JPG

However, BI configures the VS as "Generic / RTSP H.264..."
3.JPG

I've tried using the automatically assigned configuration with an audio path added, and tried modifying the configuration as I think it should be:

4.JPG

In the Status / Log, I will get hundreds of messages for Audio Timeout throughout the day.
5.JPG

This is the only camera I am attempting to use with audio, and the only one with audio enabled. I am able to select the "headphones" in BI, and it does give the green dot on the camera window indicating audio enabled. I've seen reference to some similar issues, but the circumstances don't seem to match with what I've got going on.

Any suggestions on what configuration changes I need to make in BI or where to begin (continue) troubleshooting?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
In BI's camera properties, look at the Audio tab. Though there are not any options there which might affect this.

You can also try Onvif Device Manager to see if it plays the audio, though I'm not sure if Onvif Device Manager supports audio in the first place, it might help narrow down what is doing things wrong.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
In BI's camera properties, look at the Audio tab. Though there are not any options there which might affect this.

You can also try Onvif Device Manager to see if it plays the audio, though I'm not sure if Onvif Device Manager supports audio in the first place, it might help narrow down what is doing things wrong.
What he said...Check the Audio tab in BI for that particular camera