No Audio on .bvr playback?

Diver4242

n3wb
Reaction score
I had v3.x and now upgraded to 4.x but same problem - when I double click on a .bvr clip in windows explorer (win 7 64 bit home pro) it plays back in blue iris, but I get no audio. I have the audio settings correct in BI and my speaker on the laptop is on, other audio plays, just not in BI. If i convert them to mp4 i get audio, so i know it recorded audio. but why none when playing back bv4 files?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I had v3.x and now upgraded to 4.x but same problem - when I double click on a .bvr clip in windows explorer (win 7 64 bit home pro) it plays back in blue iris, but I get no audio. I have the audio settings correct in BI and my speaker on the laptop is on, other audio plays, just not in BI. If i convert them to mp4 i get audio, so i know it recorded audio. but why none when playing back bv4 files?
Are you playing back the mp4 in blue iris? if not, it can still be an improper blue iris setting...look at blue iris options>audio>output...it should be set to not specified. If thats not working then try to select other devices.

Diver4242

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks - setting the audio to 'not specified' solved it. Not sure why it didn't just default to that, and why selecting one of the valid choices didn't work. I guess it's a bug that still needs to be fixed.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks - setting the audio to 'not specified' solved it. Not sure why it didn't just default to that, and why selecting one of the valid choices didn't work. I guess it's a bug that still needs to be fixed.
It always defaults to that. You must have changed it at some point and forgot. Its not a bug, it clearly states to leave it at not specified.

Bboy486

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How are you converting the file? I haven't been successful in converting bvr to mp4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk