No audio on live / playback via iVMS-4500 (android app)

JT_Singh

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Helpful lot - Hope you all are doing well.

I recently installed a few hikvision cameras:
  • Hikvision DS-2CD2346G2-IU(2.8MM) 4 MP AcuSense IR Fixed Turret Network Camera
  • Hikvision DS-2CD2347G1-LU (2.8MM) 4MP ColorVu Fixed Turret Network Camera
  • Hikvision DS-7616NI-K2/16P Embedded Plug & Play 4K NVR
My understanding is that both the cameras models have built in mics. If I try to access the audio via the NVR web login, I can hear the audio for each of the cameras in live and during playback. But I try to access them via iVMS-4500 android app:
  • I can't hear live audio in any of the cameras
  • I can hear playback audio on a few cameras

All cameras have their settings as "Video&Audio" and with Audio set to MicIn and Environment Noise Filter ON. Also the NVR settings are to record audio. That's why I can hear audio when I use the web browser to access it.

But given that I use the app on my phone to access the cameras 90% of the time, the current situation is not very helpful.

Can anyone help with this? What can I do of this? If this is an app issue, is there any other app I can try instead of iVMS-4500?

TIA,
JT

John Williamson

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You've probably got the sub stream set to video rather than video and audio. You've set the main stream correctly as it's recording and playing back. When you connect via the iVMS 4500 app, by default you're viewing the sub stream (fluent setting) so no sound. To prove it just switch the quality from fluent to clear in the app using the icon and you'll hear the sound. Just change sub stream to video and audio and you're sorted.

With regard to the app you can use Hik Connect. For Android you may need to download the latest version from Hikvision store rather than the Play store as it's blocked I believe.

JT_Singh

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You've probably got the sub stream set to video rather than video and audio. You've set the main stream correctly as it's recording and playing back. When you connect via the iVMS 4500 app, by default you're viewing the sub stream (fluent setting) so no sound. To prove it just switch the quality from fluent to clear in the app using the icon and you'll hear the sound. Just change sub stream to video and audio and you're sorted.

With regard to the app you can use Hik Connect. For Android you may need to download the latest version from Hikvision store rather than the Play store as it's blocked I believe.
Thanks a lot mate. This was driving me nuts. All sorted!