No Email Notification

bigkap

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,
Just wondering if anyone else has received this.
Since yesterday, I have not received any email notifications regarding triggers.
Nothing has been changed in my settings for months and all was good.
Any advice would be great.
Thanks
Steve

Error with user authentication; Server says: 535 5.7.139 Authentication unsuccessful, basic authentication is disabled. [BN9PR03CA0325.namprd03.prod.outlook.com 2024-09-25T08:55:21.119Z 08DCDBBFD4511CA4]

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Quick look it looks like your email provider quit allowing "non-human" initiated emails as a way to combat spam.

GMAIL did that a year or two ago and folks had to set up 2-factor and create an app password for BI in order to be able to send out emails.

bigkap

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Quick look it looks like your email provider quit allowing "non-human" initiated emails as a way to combat spam.

GMAIL did that a year or two ago and folks had to set up 2-factor and create an app password for BI in order to be able to send out emails.
Hi Wittaj,
Thanks for that.
I am not sure what to do.
Do you know is there a possible solution BI could create to get it working again?

Thanks
Steve

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It has nothing to do with BI. It is all with your email provider.

You could do a google search and find out how to set up an app password equivalent for your email provider or switch to GMAIL where BI has made it easy with a "button" for OAUTH that will set it up automatically.