No image in recorded clips v4.4.9.5 x64

TomMas

n3wb
Reaction score
Not sure if its related but i upgraded yesterday to v4.4.9.5 x64.

Any recordings after midnight do not have video, they are full size as if they recorded, the time line moves, but its a black screen.

This happens on all four of my IP cameras.

I rebooted and did a manual record and still no joy. It creates the jpgs no problem.

Did some additional troubleshooting, if I export the clip to AVI all the video is there.
So it is just a bvr player issue?
I tried viewing clip from mobile phone and web server, still no joy.

I'm new to Bi, what else should I do to troubleshoot?

Thanks
~Tom

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
email support and revert back to an older version..in the future disable auto update and manually install updates from the website so you have prior versions...update if you have an issue or need a newly released feature, not simply because its there.

TomMas

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you Fenderman, that is sound advice!

How do I roll back? Export settings, uninstall, reinstall? Will my key be preserved?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you Fenderman, that is sound advice!

How do I roll back? Export settings, uninstall, reinstall? Will my key be preserved?
simply run an old update file...
if you uninstall, the key will not be presevered. Make sure to deactivate the key in the about tab before uninstalling...using the key too many times without deactivating will invalidate it...you should have your key stored in your email as well as printed and taped to your blue iris machine.

micropone

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
my cameras are fixed... on each camera go to properties then record.. under video file format direct to disc got unchecked...

micropone

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
oh okay i have all hikvision cameras... try direct to disc--- i'm sure your cpu will drop too...

Reaction score
Having exactly the same problem after updating to v.4.4.9.5 x64

Changing to DIRECT-TO-DISC eliminates the playback issue, but does not allow for recording with overlays, so I'd rather keep the re-encode settings.

Anyone have the v.4.4.9.4 update .exe available?

GuiBou

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Having exactly the same problem after updating to v.4.4.9.5 x64

Changing to DIRECT-TO-DISC eliminates the playback issue, but does not allow for recording with overlays, so I'd rather keep the re-encode settings.

Anyone have the v.4.4.9.4 update .exe available?
For the "no overlays" with Direct-To-Disc, it's normal. It depends on your priorities...more CPU for the overlays on recordings or not.

Last edited:
Reaction score
For a DOWNGRADE from 4.4.9.5 to 4.4.9.4 can I simply INSTALL the full (not an update) older version OVER the newer?

TomMas

n3wb
Reaction score
For a DOWNGRADE from 4.4.9.5 to 4.4.9.4 can I simply INSTALL the full (not an update) older version OVER the newer?
I did not have any luck doing it that way.
I exported my settings as a backup.
Then i did the 4.4.7.4 upgrade.
Rebooted
Then 4.4.9.4

I read in a thread here somewhere that BI will have a fix tomorrow.
I would wait until then if you could.

Reaction score
update version 4.4.9.6 installed, same problem as before: no image (black) on playback.

TomMas

n3wb
Reaction score
Support had me try turning off HW Decoding and it works. (It was set to default)

Camera Properties/ Image Format / Hardware Encoding / No

Reaction score
Support had me try turning off HW Decoding and it works. (It was set to default)

Camera Properties/ Image Format / Hardware Encoding / No
Thank you, that solved my my issue as well. I'm now on 4.4.9.6 with DECODING=NO and playback works.