no-ip does not update the ip

cillerucho

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a hikvision ds-2cd2432F-IW configured by ddns in no-ip. Firmware version 5.4.5
Before updating the firmware it worked correctly but now I have to update the public ip manually. Before I did it automatically.
In the web of no-ip I get this message: Dynamic DNS is not configured or is not detected.
What could be the problem?

Kitsap

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You might need to install/reinstall the Dynamic Update Client from No-IP. Log in to the No-IP web page and go to the Dynamic DNS section and download the Dynamic Update Client.

Check your router logs, the update client should indicate a successful registration once every 24 hours.

cillerucho

n3wb
Reaction score
I think that the sofware Dynamic Update client is for a computer. I want the camera to update alone. before the camera did it

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I think that the sofware Dynamic Update client is for a computer. I want the camera to update alone. before the camera did it
It is.
If all the settings for DDNS are still correct in the cam, I'd say the new firmware screwed it.
Does your router have the ability to perform DDNS with no-ip.com?

cillerucho

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 2 routers, the main one does not have the ability to perform DDNS with no-ip.com, the secondary does. Although then I do not know if the 4200 app would work on the mobile