"NO LINK" appears on monitor. No Live feed on Hik NVR + cam

geek7899

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all

Just had the installer set everything up. I have five 2CD2335 IP cams and Hik 7616 NI E2/8P NVR.
All ethernet cables have been tested as working OK before connecting the cams.

The cams are from Aliexpress so cannot reset them. I am in Australia by the way. NVR is proper English version apparently (came in red/white box), so NVR can be reset.

Once everything is connected the monitor does not show feed from cameras. Instead it has NO LINK appearing where the feed should be.

I can confirm that the NVR is talking to cams because the lights are blinking where the ethernet cables are connected on the back of the NVR.

What do we do now ?

Many thanks for your help

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
1. you can reset ali express cameras..the issue is firmware updates
2. have you checked the nvr's output settings? What is the resolution of the monitor you are connecting it to?
3. can you log into the nvr's web interface?

geek7899

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
1. you can reset ali express cameras..the issue is firmware updates
2. have you checked the nvr's output settings? What is the resolution of the monitor you are connecting it to?
3. can you log into the nvr's web interface?
Thanks fenderman !
1. So reset is OK .... reset would still default back to hacked English firmware ??
2. I haven't checked anything yet. He was using his old 16" monitor locally connected to the NVR. I would have no clue about its resolution. He is now gone and I will try and log-in into the NVR web interface and see the settings from there.
3. Yes, I can log-into the NVR from my desktop which is physically in a different part of the house than the NVR. I cannot connect directly to NVR.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks fenderman !
1. So reset is OK .... reset would still default back to hacked English firmware ??
2. I haven't checked anything yet. He was using his old 16" monitor locally connected to the NVR. I would have no clue about its resolution. He is now gone and I will try and log-in into the NVR web interface and see the settings from there.
3. Yes, I can log-into the NVR from my desktop which is physically in a different part of the house than the NVR. I cannot connect directly to NVR.
Its likely that the resolution of the monitor is not supported or the NVR needs to be set to the proper resolution..try connecting the nvr to a 1080p monitor or your tv.

geek7899

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am now accessing the web interface thru my desktop which has a 1900 x 1200 full HD samsung monitor
I am guessing he may not have done some configuration ...
It shows Offline (IP camera does not exist).
There are five cameras physically connected to that NVR !

My local network is 192.168.1.xxx

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The resolution on the monitor you use to access the web interface is irrelevant..any will work..
The issue is only present for the monitor connected to the NVR via hdmi/vga.
The ipaddress of the cameras connected to the NVR will always be on a different subnet..he NVR creates its own "network"
As far as where the installer when wrong, not sure...hopefully the members who use hik nvrs can point you in the right direction.

geek7899

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks so much for your input fenderman.

Just run SADP and only the NVR shows up, no cams !

I am following Nelly's Security setup guide here and it says, the cams should be visible there !

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks so much for your input fenderman.

Just run SADP and only the NVR shows up, no cams !

I am following Nelly's Security setup guide here and it says, the cams should be visible there !

I dont believe Sadp will show cameras connected directly to the nvr..

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I dont believe Sadp will show cameras connected directly to the nvr..
Correct, when there is no network route to the PoE segment that the cameras are on.
But if you can connect your PC or laptop to a spare PoE port you will be able to see the status of the cameras via SADP, and if you change the laptop/PC IP address to, say 192.168.254.100, you will be able to try browser access to the cameras at the 192.168.254.x addresses you have already seen via the NVR web GUI.
At that point - you should have a good picture of the state of play, and maybe figure the cause.

Jibbeh

n3wb
Reaction score
Any idea what Firmware you are running on the cameras and the NVR? If you are getting Link lights for each camera on the back of your NVR I'd suspect you are running newer cameras that will need activating and an old firmware NVR that doesnt allow you to activate them automatically?

Firmware can be found 'usually' on the back of the camera on a sticker and on the NVR its shown on the configuration page of the web browser.

geek7899

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Correct, when there is no network route to the PoE segment that the cameras are on.
But if you can connect your PC or laptop to a spare PoE port you will be able to see the status of the cameras via SADP, and if you change the laptop/PC IP address to, say 192.168.254.100, you will be able to try browser access to the cameras at the 192.168.254.x addresses you have already seen via the NVR web GUI.
At that point - you should have a good picture of the state of play, and maybe figure the cause.
Thanks alastairstevenson
The NVR is upstairs and that is where the ethernet cable goes upto ... Desktop is downstairs. Kicking myself for selling my laptop only 3 months ago because I hardly used it once or twice a year ... :? bwaahahah
I will try and source a lappy from a neighbour or relo and connect to the back of NVR.

geek7899

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi Jibbeh

Camera Firmware
The firmware is on all cams (Hik 2335) is 5.3.3. This was the latest selling on Ali at that time and I double checked if that was in English ... which I was told by seller that it is English firmware.

NVR Firmware
NVR Firmware is 3.3.2. Other details are in screenshot below

As for activating the cams, please see screenshot below from the NVR web configuration page. Even when I have highlighted one of the cams, the Activation button is disabled
So, how else do I activate them ?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks alastairstevenson
The NVR is upstairs and that is where the ethernet cable goes upto ... Desktop is downstairs. Kicking myself for selling my laptop only 3 months ago because I hardly used it once or twice a year ... :? bwaahahah
I will try and source a lappy from a neighbour or relo and connect to the back of NVR.
Temporarily disconnect the NVR cable from it's LAN port and plug it in to a spare NVR PoE port, and use the desktop PC to access with SADP, and the browser if you change the PC IP address to, say, 192.168.254.100

*edit* Oh, and by the way, from what I recall from ages back, you may also get the NVR web GUI on 192.168.254.1 after you change the PC IP address, if so you can check out the effects of any fixes / changes you make to the cameras when you can access them at the same time.

geek7899

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks again alastairstevenson.
Great community here !
Will try it tomorrow and report back.... hopefully should only be an activation issue which isn't visible from NVR GUI

geek7899

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Temporarily disconnect the NVR cable from it's LAN port and plug it in to a spare NVR PoE port, and use the desktop PC to access with SADP, and the browser if you change the PC IP address to, say, 192.168.254.100

*edit* Oh, and by the way, from what I recall from ages back, you may also get the NVR web GUI on 192.168.254.1 after you change the PC IP address, if so you can check out the effects of any fixes / changes you make to the cameras when you can access them at the same time.
OK, followed these instruction in the first post here: https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/115-Hitting-cameras-web-pages-with-a-laptop-in-an-NVR-with-POE
Set my PC IP to 192.168.254.20. Tried to access the cameras at 192.168.254.2 through to 192.168.254.9. Nothing happens. No page loads. Tried IE11 and latest Firefox as well. I'm on Windows 10

Then I run the SADP tool and it recognises the cameras. This is a screenshot of the SADP tool below.

Now, why is it showing the camera IP as 192.0.0.4 and all are same ! Of course it wouldn't come up when typing in 192.168.254.x

I can see in SADP that DHCP is enabled for cameras. I am able to edit the settings using the Modify Network Parameters bar on the right. See screenshot below:

Last edited by a moderator:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Well done! You can see all your cameras, and the NVR.

What I suggest - as all the camera IP addresses are the same - unplug all the cameras except one, work with one at a time.
If you have the cameras default password correct - likely 123456789abc for those new ones, probably not the old 12345, use SADP to fix the addresses of each the cameras in sequence starting 192.168.254.2
After you have done that you should be able to access each camera via the web browser to check they are 'activated' as the NVR is not taking control of them, for reasons not yet clear.
If SADP will not change the cameras IP addresses, change your PC IP address to say 192.0.0.100 and use the browser to access each camera in turn on 192.0.0.64 to fix their IP addresses.

But - hopefully someone may confirm - I suspect but I'm not sure - that your 3.3.2 NVR firmware needs to be updated to 3.3.4 to support 2CD2335 5.3.3 cameras.

geek7899

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Houston, we have a go !!

Can't thank you enough mate !
Also, another setting I had to change was the camera time. When I changed the time zone to my city in the drop down box, it wouldn't save the settings. I had to tick "Sync with computer time" for the correct time to show up. Is this the right way to do it ?

geek7899

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Damn, not quite there yet !
Standby ..........

geek7899

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
OK, here is the current scenario.
I can access each cameras web GUI and video live video, change date time, OSD etc etc. But still cannot see all cameras together in NVR Live View page :(

I then try and access the NVR. It shows one of the cams as still offline, with IP address 192.168.254.6. See screenshot below:

Now, I can view the camera connected at 192.168.254.6 in browser. See browser screenshot below:

SADP doesn't show anything unusual. Settings for 192.168.254.6 are same as for other cams. See SADP screenshot below

What could be wrong here ?

Last edited by a moderator:

geek7899

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Can get individual camera gui and see videos. Nothing in live view yet. No joy :(