No motion recording BI V4

Reaction score
Currently running the latest Blue Iris version 4.0.0.16 on my setup. However, this version doesn't record motion on one of my camera (IPQ 2232x), but works fine on my Hikvision and Tenvis cameras. Blue Iris does save a picture when motion is detected (under alerts), but doesn't save a Blue Iris DVR. Hence, I tried using version 3 on another computer with the same "motion/tigger" and "record" settings, and it can pick up and record footage.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Double check your settings...post a screen shot of your motion and record settings..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Is this occuring while profile 1 is active? Try deleting the camera and setting it up again. Also you should try using brightness and color not just brightness for motion detection, however that does not seem to be causing your issue because you are generating an alert image.

Reaction score
I enabled profile one by clicking it during live view and changed the setting to "colour and brightness", but it still doesn't record any footage, just alerts. Maybe it has something to do with v4?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried simply deleting the camera and setting up a new one...these odd problems have been resolved that way in the past.

Reaction score
Have you tried simply deleting the camera and setting up a new one...these odd problems have been resolved that way in the past.
Thanks agian! Deleting it and setting up again fixed the problem. However, I haven't set that camera up properly, thus I am not sure if I will encounter the same problem again.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks agian! Deleting it and setting up again fixed the problem. However, I haven't set that camera up properly, thus I am not sure if I will encounter the same problem again.
You should be fine......it was detecting motion as the alert image was generated...so it was a glitch..

Reaction score
You should be fine......it was detecting motion as the alert image was generated...so it was a glitch..
Worked for a little while. I had to delete that camera and start again. This time instead of motion, I used continuous and it doesn't record the footage anymore. The format I used is direct to disc.

EDIT: Under Motion/Trigger I am able to click "trigger now" manually, and it does record the footage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
After trial and error, I realised that this particular camera doesn't record with the file compression "direct to disc", and I have to use the h264 setting