No option to update firmware on DS-2CD2343G0-I via Web UI?

Gadget_Man

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys,
Struggling to find option to update firmware - should be on Config -> System -> Maintenance page but option missing completely. I'm logged in as admin with full r/w options.

Welcome any advice... did make me think if I've bought a knock-off HIKVision unit rather than genuine one.

Configuration-2.jpg
Configuration.jpg

Gadget_Man

n3wb
Reaction score
Solved (sort of) - looks like you need the web plugin & to use Internet Explorer for this option to show up (using my Windows 10 VM).

Really struggling as I'm primarily on Mac OS :( Suggestions welcome on that front.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Solved (sort of) - looks like you need the web plugin & to use Internet Explorer for this option to show up (using my Windows 10 VM).

Really struggling as I'm primarily on Mac OS :( Suggestions welcome on that front.
Updating is done very rarely if at all you'll survive.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
do not upgrade your camera unless there is a specific issue you are trying to solve, that is covered in the update. You have a great chance to turn your camera into a brick.

Both Dahua and Hikvision make very good cameras, but they are not set up to deal with end users. Also a number of their cameras are design for china use and have been sold on ebay , amazon an aliexpress that are hacked to English. These cameras are not up-gradable.

You can search the forum on how to upgrade and what files to download.

Also if you purchased the camera from valid re-seller contact them for upgrade info.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm starting to realise this, I previously used Axis products & the level of service is somewhat different with HIKVision :facepalm:
Yes you pay 5x for service... For some people it's worth it...