No PTZ Function for h.view Dome Cam PTZ-500 in Blue Iris

Reaction score
Hello together,

i have bought an POE IP Cam h.view PTZ-500. I use Blue Iris V5 (last Update).

I've rstp'd the camera into blue iris. A video is displayed. So far so good. But you can't adjust the camera by PTZ. According to the description the camera is supported by Blue Iris. From the native app "Ez-Vision" the camera can be moved in all directions.

Addr: Make: Generic/Onvif
Model: RTSP H.264/H.265/MJPG/MPEG4
Main Strream: /live/main
Port RTSP: 554
Port OnVIF: 8999
Camera: 1

I haven't found a working PTZ setting in the Blue Iris software yet.

Does anyone have any experience with it, or knows which camera could be identical. In the manual the hik version is indicated, but it does not work better.

Many thanks in advance

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

StratRider

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've rstp'd the camera into blue iris. A video is displayed. So far so good. But you can't adjust the camera by PTZ.
I haven't found a working PTZ setting in the Blue Iris software yet.
I've no idea what rstp'd the camera into blue iris means unless you changed the http:// to rstp:/ in the config section but . . .
I ran into a similar situation with one of my cams and found that no matter what type of input I used for many of the other items you set, I had to let the camera install itself instead - even though it ended up using the same Generic/Onvif and Onvif/oxml settings.
There were settings for my exact camera in BI also but nothing worked. I had a picture but no PTZ control.
Eventually I decided to start running down the (huge) list of cams but started by picking out cams that I had heard of and at one point, I told it to try AXIS.
Without filling in anything else I hit the Find/Inspect and it set itself up perfectly including previous Presets from the webUI.
It now says Generic/Onvif and Onvif/Oxml in the PTZ section, but it would not accept those if I input them myself at the start.
Even the manufacturer is still confused as to why that worked, but it did.
Just a thought if you have the time - Good Luck

Reaction score
Hallo TonyR,
i thank you for your information. Ist works now fine.
i configured onvif XML in ptz. The Port for onvif must be the Same as the http Port from the cam.
Now i have to Analyse how to configure presets in Blue Iris.

StratRider

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You can also set or adjust any preset you wish in Blue Iris 5 from the main screen.
Adjust the cam for whatever view you like
Use the preset drop down menu by the PTZ controls to pick a preset # that you like
hold down the "location pin" for about 2 seconds and it's set, kind of like a car radio - LOL.
You can do 15 presets before you need to go to the PTZ tab to add more.

drj68

n3wb
Reaction score
Please help.

The PTZ function of the HD IR SPEED DOME CAMERA does not work.
MODEL: NM4RT-52718
DEVICE VERSION: XM530_80x50_8M
SOFTWARE VERSION: V5.00.R02.00030679.10010.349b00.0

Suddenly it stopped working. After switching off, the reset runs, but only at one point and the PTZ function does not work.

Thanks for all the help.

anilgsal

n3wb
Reaction score
Please help.

The PTZ function of the HD IR SPEED DOME CAMERA does not work.
MODEL: NM4RT-52718
DEVICE VERSION: XM530_80x50_8M
SOFTWARE VERSION: V5.00.R02.00030679.10010.349b00.0

Suddenly it stopped working. After switching off, the reset runs, but only at one point and the PTZ function does not work.

Thanks for all the help.
This Firmware update

Attachments

Reaction score
Hello together,

i have the same Problem as in the Beginning of the threads. I have the Version 5.8.1.3 of Blue Iris an the Camera h.view ptz500. The work between Blue Iris and the camera worked a time. Then once upon a time it doesn't work. Since tihis time i tried a lot of things, but ist does not work. Anaother tool like IpCamViewer works fine. The Installation an Functionality seems correkt. I will give you some Attachments. I tested it also with the same Port as the http: session. Nothing will work. Is there anybody who can help? My System ist a Windows 10 with the last patches.

Thank you for your help

Attachments

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
i have the same Problem as in the Beginning of the threads.
Then once upon a time it doesn't work.
Since tihis time i tried a lot of things, but ist does not work.
Nothing will work
By "not working" do you mean:
  • No video in Blue Iris
  • PTZ won't respond in Blue Iris
  • Can't ping camera's IP address from Blue Iris PC
  • ????????
Imagine if YOU were the reader and someone told you "my car doesn't work"....wouldn't you have a few questions? :idk: :cool:

Reaction score
Oh,

sorry, you are right.

The PTZ Control doesn't work. With IpCamViewer it works fine. In the Gui of BI i can only see the Video and the Records. But ther is no reaction, when i taste the PTZ Arrows or the Presets. I tested the presets in the Camera direkt and they are working correct.

Sorry for my mistake.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It appears you've updated Blue Iris ("BI") since the PTZ was working over 3 years ago.
Have you checked the PTZ settings in BI to insure they're still correct?

If so and still not working, un-install then re-install the camera, but this time in BI put in the camera's IP address, username and password then click on "Find/Inspect".