No push notfications, IVMS 4500 Lite on iOS and Hikvsion single ColorVue Turret Poe camera

Nopea

n3wb
Reaction score
The setup is very simple, one Hikvision ColorVu OEM IP Camera DS-2CD2347G1-LU + current generation iPhone with IVMS 4500 Lite. The POE camera is behind a firewall. Initially the push notifications worked very well, even when the mobile phone was not within range of the local network, which is weird.. Push notifications came through ( but not the live feed or recordings).

Recently the push notifications stopped working altogether, I can see that the POE camera still sends ”notify alarm center” notifications because I am using the Node Red to capture them, and to turn on outdoor lights.

So, to start, could someone please explain to me how the ”notify alarm center” notification translates into a iPhone push notification, and why it works regardless of whether the phone is connected to the local network or not.

normel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It works because it is connected to the cloud. So you do not need to be in same lan.
I suggest you to try Hik connect

MBPlayer

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the same problem with Hik Connect. I already used this app for my doorbell (Hikvision DS-KD8003 IME2), but
suddenly the push notifications stopped, also for my camera's on IVMS 4500. I'm using a iPhone SE 2 (iOS 14.5.1I).
I deleted both apps and tried Hik Connect again, but no luck. My wife has a Samsung and the app IVMS 4500 works fine,
also with the push notifications. Maybe it's an iPhone problem? I'm also using DS cam from Synology and with this app
the push notifications are working. Is it possible that the apps are 'collide' with each other?

MBPlayer

n3wb
Reaction score
I finally found the problem and solved it. I created a new account with Hik Connect (now with an email account,
previously with a phone number) and now everything is working perfectly. I suspect something went wrong with
my previous account, but I'm glad everything has been resolved!

martinst

n3wb
Reaction score
I have also problems with the push notifications. I know that Hikvision doesn't have updated their iVMS 4500 app for the iOs platform. So this doesn't work anymore.

Now you have to use there hik-connect app on iOs.

I have created a hik-connect account. All the camera's I have added with the "IP/Domain" option. So they are not added to the hik-connect account.

Now the push notifications still doesn't work.

Does anybody know if it is required to assign the camera's to the hik-connect account instead of adding them in the app by the IP/Domain construction to let the push notifications work?

MBPlayer

n3wb
Reaction score
I have also problems with the push notifications. I know that Hikvision doesn't have updated their iVMS 4500 app for the iOs platform. So this doesn't work anymore.

I have created a hik-connect account. All the camera's I have added with the "IP/Domain" option. So they are not added to the hik-connect account.

Does anybody know if it is required to assign the camera's to the hik-connect account instead of adding them in the app by the IP/Domain construction to let the push notifications work?

Yes, you have to assign the camera's to hik-connect BEFORE you install the app.

martinst

n3wb
Reaction score
Okay that is something what I actually don't want :(

I don't want to need somebody its cloud. I want to have it all managed by my self.

But because this MEGA company is not willing to update their app, the only option is to add all my cameras to their cloud to let the push notifications work if I understand it correctly?...... :(

Budgey

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all,

I need my push notifications urgently, so I'm thinking of purchasing a cheap Android phone as an interim measure. Can anyone confirm that iVMS-4500 alarm notifications still work on Android before I do that?

Thanks in advance if anyone can help. :)

Rob.

n3wb
Reaction score
I am in the same boat - so frustrated that IVMS-4500 has not been updated in 11 months. From what I recall, it has been a couple months since I have not been able to get alarm alerts on my iphone (all other functionality is fine). I only use my cameras over my local IP/Domain - I do not want to sign up and use the cloud and open up my home network to potential issues.

Budgey

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi, i’ve started using an app called Pushover that sends push notifications to my iPhone. It’s not perfect, but it pushes me notifications within about 30 seconds of motion detection, which is better than nothing while I try and find a quicker solution. They do a 30-day free trial.

Budgey

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yeah, the method i'm using currently is just via the email gateway, hence the slight delay. If it was possible to use the API method I think notifications would be instant, but the reality is i'm out of my depth with that unless there's someone that could at least point me the right direction for a starting point... (help!) :banghead:

Budgey

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Managed to do this with a Raspberry Pi, Node-Red, the Hikvision Ultimate Alarm and Pushover nodes. Notifications now come through to my iOS device 1-2 seconds after Alarm IO activation. Futher tuning needed in terms of message content and maybe a shapshot image, but it’s just fine tuning now. I’m happy.

martinst

n3wb
Reaction score
I have downloaded the Hik-connect app (for the ios platform) and did a test for one camera. You can activate the hikconnect service and still keep the old connection mechanism (so the old iVMS 4500 is still working with its own connection).

Some disadvantage of the hik connect service is that you cannot playbak on higher speed (4x , 8x, etc..) Or does somebody has a solution for this?

One another important thing is that I get now the pushnotifications, but you get only an image. By the old iVMS4500 you could directly playback the snapshot of the event. Does anybody know if this is also possible with the hik-connect app?

Rob.

n3wb
Reaction score
...and just like that (July 22, 2021) the smart event line crossing push notifications are now working. Changed nothing on my end. There were no IVMS_4500 app updates for IoS, so what made it work? I have to assume somewhere (wherever the server is) there was a fix. While I am glad they are now working again, I would really like to know what the reason is for the issue - certainly was not on my end.

Last edited:

martinst

n3wb
Reaction score
...and just like that (July 22, 2021) the smart event line crossing push notifications are now working. Changed nothing on my end. There were no IVMS_4500 app updates for IoS, so what make it work. I have to assume somewhere (wherever the server is) there was a fix. While I am glad they are now working again, I would really like to know what the reason is for the issue - certainly was not on my end.
Hi Rob,

I was also planning to write here the fantastic news that it is working again!!!

Yesterday i have updated ios to 14.7. I have no firmware updated and no app updated.

So it is very strange to see that about 4 or 5 hours ago everything is still working again!

But it is great news. In the mean time I have also installed the new hik-connect app. There are some things better in that app, but the iVMS 4500 is much easier and faster.

So let we hope that that push notifications keep working!

martinst

n3wb
Reaction score
In the meantime I don't get the push notifications on the iVMS 4500 app anymore. Are more people having this problems?

I'm running all the time both apps: iVMS-4500 and the hik-connect. On the hik-connect I receive the push notifications (line crossing). But not anymore on the iVMS 4500